22

AMARA WAS bored

AMARA WAS bored. She was happy, but bored. All she could do was watch Tom and Arthur drink away. Arthur had also taken a selfie with some biker guys, and made a mess at the bar. But she was happy as long as her boyfriend was. She occasionally made eye contact with him, and she had never seen him like this. This joyful. Even with her.

It broke her heart that she wouldn't have family again. And there was no way in hell that she'd have a kid. She didn't want her kid to be like her. She could never want a kid to have what she has.

Hours pass, and night fell. Amara helped Tom get in the truck. He was out. But Arthur obviously was still standing, he couldn't get drunk.

A familiar face walks out of the waters. It was Mera. The redhead walks closer to the two of them.

"Oh no. I'm out of here," Arthur said and began to open the door to the truck.

"Babe, hear her out." She said.

"You defeated Steppenwolf. Atlantis now needs your help. Your half brother Orm wants to start a war. He wants to destroy land."

"Best believe I will set him straight." Amara said.

"This is a fight for Arthur. Not you, goddess of destruction."

Amara rolled her eyes and let Arthur talk.

"Vulko already came to me saying the same thing. Since you're a lady, I'm going to say it nicer. No thank you."

"Orm really wants to bring a war to the surface."

Arthur ignores Mera and gets in the truck with Amara.

On their way home, a giant wave forms and destroys everything in its way.

"Arthur, Arthur! Speed up!" Amara said.

He steps on the pedal, and drives away from the tsunami, but not for long. The tsunami hits the truck, and it fills with water.

Arthur swam around, looking for the two most important people in his life.

"Amara! Dad! Where are you?" He yelled.

Amara was stuck inside the truck, that was now upside down. She grabbed Tom, who was drowning by himself. And she held him close.

Arthur walked out of the water, to see Mera pulling off some of the waves with her hydrokenesis.

A couple seconds later, the water is completely gone, and Arthur runs to the truck.

"Amara, Dad! Please be okay." He said, and ripped the door open.

He helped Amara out first, who held Tom close. Amara pulled out Tom, and she was completely okay. Just a little shaken.

Arthur begins to do CPR on his dad, who is unconscious.

"Wait, let me help." Mera said, and starting to use her powers to take the water out of Tom.

Amara and Arthur stare in awe of what she can do.

Tom sits up, coughing all the water out. Arthur helps him and looks at Mera.

"I don't even know your name," He said.

"My name Y'Mera Xebella Challa. But you can call me Mera."

"Thank you Mera." Amara and Arthur say in unison.

Mera nods and walks away back into the ocean.

~

Tom was already asleep, and Arthur put him to bed.

Amara looked out the window, and saw the destruction the tsunami had caused. It made her heart heavy. She felt as if it was her fault.

But it wasn't, it was Orm, Arthur's half brother who did it.

"Babe, are you okay?" Arthur asked, and set her on his lap.

She turned around to face him, and she straddled him.

"It's my fault your dad almost died. Destruction follows everywhere I go."

"That's not true, Mara. That was Orm, not you. I promise. And even if it was you, that wouldn't change the way I feel about you." He said, running his fingers through her hair.

"I'm insecure about being like this. About having this stupid goddess thing in me. I feel the power running through my veins." She said, and Arthur rubbed her back now.

"You shouldn't be. You're badass. You are amazing to me."

Amara cupped Arthur's face in her hands and kissed him. Arthur bit Amara's bottom lip, making her moan into the kiss. Amara pulls back, and Arthur looks into her eyes.

"T-That, actually felt really good." Amara said, and blushed red on her cheeks.

As she smiled, Arthur could see her perfect smile and dimples.

The two lie down, and began to cuddle. Arthur was the big spoon and Amara was the little one.

"Are you going to go to Atlantis?" Amara asked and yawned.

"I think I have to. I need to prevent this dumb war from coming to the surface. I can't let you or my dad get hurt. But while I'm gone, take care of him, okay?"

"Of course. I'll protect him. But I'm warning you babe, if anyone tries to hurt him I will rip their head off."

"I believe you, Mara. But I don't think it'll be necessary." He said with a laugh.

"Just don't forget about me while you're there, you know in your habitat, fishman."

"I could never. You are my goddess."

"Be careful. I won't be there to protect you."

"You make it sound like I'm so weak, which I'm not. I'm strong too." Arthur said pulling Amara closer so her ass was against his pelvis.

"I know you are. You are stronger than you think."

"Amara, you know I love you right?"

Amara was shocked. No guy had ever told her that he loved her. Not even her husband from a hundred thousand years ago. She just froze.

"Y-you do?" She stuttered.

"I think I have from the moment I met you."

"I love you more, fishman." She said and quickly fell asleep in his big arms.