38

(present day. the justice league is still missing and under the influence of Zagreus).

AMARA SAT on a rooftop, sharpening her sword with whetstone; also staring at the full moon. The night sky in Gotham was beautiful. It was a pain that the city was constantly destroyed and evacuated. And it was at this moment that Andromeda had to do whatever she could to get the League back. Even if it meant killing Zagreus.

Amara heard a beep go off and she reached up with a free hand to her ear and tapped on it. The earpiece was a communication device, given to her by Alfred so they can keep each other updated. "Yes Alfred?" She greeted while checking her sword to see if it was sharp enough.

"Zagreus is in the city. I just wanted to let you know. Tonight may be the night we get our heroes back." He told her.

"I believe so, Alfred. I'll get them back safe and sound." She assured, then felt satisfied with the results of her sword and put away the whetstone. Standing up, she put away the now dangerously sharp sword in its sheath. "Thank you for letting me know, Alfred."

"I'm here to help Ms. Subram." He said cordially, and hung up. She jumped off the building, landing on both feet.

Meanwhile, Zagreus walked the streets, passing cars that were abandoned due to evacuation of the danger that looked across Gotham, the demons snarled and cackled as they ran amuck. But Zagreus was waiting for Amara. No, for Andromeda. He made himself known so that she could find him, and so that he would see her again. He was going to make a deal with her, and if she refused.... well, let's just say it won't be pretty.

She looked around, for any signs of the demi-god around.

"Zagreus, I know you're here. Fight me. Unless you're scared that I'll beat you."

"I'm right here, Love." Zagreus announced, appearing ten away from her and leaning against a cab with his arms folded and looking at Amara. (Andromeda, in his eyes)

"Why are you so chipper?" She asked, putting her helmet on.

"I want to make a deal."

"I don't trust a word you say. You are insane."

"You haven't even heard what I was gonna say." Zagreus was slightly baffled, but not surprised she would say that.

"Fine. Speak." She replied, crossing her arms.

"I'll release your friends, unharmed and safe, if you'll marry me." Zagreus smirked.

"W-What? No way. I don't love you, I never have. I never will." She assured.

"Or," Zagreus clicked his fingers with his middle and thumb, making a black cloud rise from the ground and a familiar figure appeared before the cloud faded, in its place was Arthur bound in black shadows, acting like ropes or chains. "Fish boy over here will die, if you refuse." Zagreus finished.

"Ar-Arthur." Was all that could leave Andromeda's mouth. Her eyes lit up as she saw the love of her life. Even though he was beaten and battered, and possessed— she still thought he looked like the man who saved her life.

"The choice is yours, Andromeda. I'll let him have his own mind again so you can say what you need to say before anything else." Zagreus said and released Arthur's mind.

"Arthur." She said, dropping her weapons and taking her helmet off.

Arthur blinked, dazed for a moment as he frowned in confusion. His expression then cleared and recognition showed, "Amara? W-what happened? What's going on?" He questioned and went to try to move, but couldn't and realized he was tied up. "What is this?" Arthur struggled to get free.