8

ARTHUR SAT on the edge of the bed, while Amara put all her clothes and shoes away

Out of nowhere, Amara zoned out, thinking about her past.

Flashback starts now.

"My daughter is more beautiful than the Nereids." Her mother, Cassiopeia, Queen of Ethiopia, told all the servants in the palace.

The Nereids were the nymph daughters of the sea god Nereus. They were often seen accompanying Poseidon.

As a punishment for the Queen, Poseidon, god of the sea, sent the sea monster Cetus to destroy and ravage the coast of Ethiopia. That included the kingdom where Andromeda and her parents ruled.

In the middle of the night, as Andromeda slept in her grand room, some of the nymph daughters snuck into her room.

They took her off the bed, and but that awoke Andromeda.

"What in Zeus' name!" She said, and grabbed a knife from underneath the bed.

She slashed one of the nymph's eyeballs out, and she fell to the ground; screaming.

One of the nymphs punched Andromeda, knocking her out.

Andromeda woke up, to some more nymphs stripping her. They left her completely naked.

Since Andromeda was punched, her head still hurt and she was dizzy. They started to drag her across the beach.

Quickly, they chained her to a rock, right in front of the coast.

By this time, she was fully awake.

"Help me! Please!" Andromeda screamed.

The chains were crushing her rib cage, her waist, and hips. Her legs and rest of her body were being scraped against the rock as she tried to get out of the chains.

Tears streamed down the poor princess's face. For she was in excruciating pain. Cetus approached her, and was about to eat her.

Just as about she was going to close her eyes, she sees a light.

It was Perseus, riding on Pegasus.

Since he was wearing Hades's helm, that made him invisible to Cetus. He killed Cetus with his sword and broke the chains of Andromeda.

He took his cape off, and put it over the Princess of Ethiopia.

The hero who had just slain Medusa earlier, and killed Cetus, took Andromeda back to her palace.

Perseus gently set her on her room's balcony.

"Thank you." She said, wiping a few tears.

Before Perseus could leave, she kissed him.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

She didn't know what to say, because she was already engaged to Phineus, son of Belus.

"Yes, I will. My hero."

Many days had passed, and Phineus was not too happy to hear that his fiancé; was to marry Perseus.

But Andromeda didn't care, she 'loved' Perseus.

At their wedding, Phineus was turned to stone, for looking into Medusa's dead eyes.

Her head was the center piece of the grand table, for everyone to see.

Andromeda ended up having 9 children. Seven sons and two daughters.

FLASHBACK OVER.

While thinking about being chained to the rock, Amara had fallen onto the floor, and screamed in agony.

Arthur immediately ran to her, and held her in his arms.

"It-It hurts." She cried.

"Wha hurts?" He asked frantically.

All Amara could do was point to her abdomen area.

Slowly, Arthur took off Amara's t-shirt, and saw the chain scars from a couple thousand years ago.

"Shit." He mumbled to himself.

It wasn't a pleasant sight to see.

To be honest, Arthur didn't know what to do. He obviously knew that touching it would cause more pain.

"Shhh." He said, while running his fingers through her long, black hair.

It took her a couple minutes to calm down, and she was at peace now.

"Tomorrow we're going to the doctor's."

"Alright," She replied.

Instead of her getting up, Arthur picked her up and then sat down on the bed.

She was sitting on his lap, her back facing him.

He started to braid her hair.

"You can braid?" She asked.

"My mom taught me to, she always liked her hair braided."

"Sounds nice."

Arthur finished her braid, and asked for a hair tie.

He tied the bottom of the braid, to keep it secure. He also put her braid to the side.

"Thank you."

"So many 'thank you's'." Arthur says.

"You've been here for me since my parents died."

Amara closed her eyes, as Arthur started kissing the back of her neck.

A moan escaped the girl's lips.

"Arthur, we shouldn't." She managed to say.

"We shouldn't?"

He just continued kissing her.

"I just need time to think." Amara replies, and left the room. She went outside, on the balcony.