28

THE TWO were struggling to get away. They were both severely injured.

Amara was the one suffering more, blood gushed out from her abdomen mostly; but her back was badly cut. She fell to the ground and began to cry.

"It, it hurts. My stomach." She cried out.

Arthur picked her up bridal style and though she was not heavy at all, he struggled. He was in pain too.

Only after a couple minutes of walking, they found a hospital in Amnesty Bay.

Upon walking inside, nurses ran toward the two. Amara was placed on a hospital bed, while Arthur only needed stitches. Amara's eyes closed, and she fell asleep. Arthur could hear the nurses paging doctors and other staff around the hospital, but his eyes never left Amara.

A nurse starts to look at Amara, and feels her stomach. Immediately, she knows what it is.

"Your girlfriend is pregnant." She told Arthur.

"Wait, what? She's what?" Arthur's eyes grew wide, Amara was pregnant?

"You didn't know? She should have had some idea, she already had a small bump." The woman pointed down to her stomach and sure enough, there was a small bump. It was barely noticeable, but it was there.

Arthur was dumbfounded, he stood there as they told him they would be taking Amara to surgery. He stood there, nurses slowly went back to their stations and he was taken to be stitched up, he didn't say much but mutter a yes or a no to questions that he was asked. Did Amara know she was pregnant? Was that why she was so upset about him and Mera? No, she still would have been upset about it.

After he was stitched up Arthur was sent to wait for Amara in the waiting room, it was hours before he even got an update.

"She is out of surgery, there were some complications, but she is fine now." The doctor smiled at him, standing and waiting for any questions he might have.

"She was pregnant. The nurse figured it out, we didn't even know. Is the baby okay?" He was looking at the man, hoping his child would be okay.

"Unfortunately no. With all the bleeding from her wound we we're unable to keep the pregnancy viable, there was too much blood loss. I'm very sorry." The doctor held his hands together and spoke softly to Arthur, this was not good news.

"Can I wait in her room?" He asked as he came to terms with this. How would he be able to tell Amara? The doctor led him to the room, and left once Arthur entered.

He sat by her bed in the grey chair, she looked peaceful while sleeping. She didn't have any tubes connecting to her so he assumed that was a good sign, the room filled with the rhythmic sound of her heart monitor. It was maybe an hour before she woke up, looking at the room around her. The white walls confused her for a moment before she realized she was in a hospital, and her stomach hurt. Amara looked to her left to see Arthur watching her intently, it was different than before.

"I'm sorry. About Perseus. I didn't think he would go that far, but he did." She looked down at her hands, she felt bad about dragging Arthur into her ex drama.

"You didn't know did you?" He asked as he scooted the chair closer to her, taking one of her hands and encasing it with his larger one. Amara noticed this, and his face showed every emotion.

"What's wrong? Did something else happen?" She panicked and looked around the room once more, trying to see any threats close by.

"No, well yes. But..." He paused for a moment, not knowing how to say something like this. His free hand ran through his hair, he didn't want to say it.

"You were pregnant. The wound caused a lot of bleeding, and you miscarried." He decided spitting it out would be better, she needed to know.

She blinked a couple of times before letting her hand drop to her stomach, making her wince in pain as she put the smallest amount of pressure. She was going to have Arthur's child, but now that wasn't going to happen.

"I didn't... I'm sorry Arthur. If I had known, I would have been more careful." She spoke softly to him. She felt something wet drop on to her hand, making her look up. It wasn't until she swears Arthur that she began to cry.

He was starting to sob, tears going down his face. It broke Amara's heart to see him like that, she wished she could make his pain go away. She slowly moved herself on the bed and pulled his hand to make him climb on the bed with her. He complied easily, and she wrapped her small arms around his larger frame to hold him close. She combed her fingers through his hair, letting her own tears fall in grief for their lost child. It seemed like hours before they both stopped crying.

"We need to talk about some things don't we?" He says as he looks at her, laying so they could face each other.

"We can't change anything that happened, Arthur, no matter how much I wish we could. I wish we could go back to the way things were." Amara held his face with her small hands and looked into his eyes. She knew this would not be the end of them, not even close.

"I know. I made a mistake, and I'm paying for it in more ways than one. I'll be here for you, if you need me." He pressed his forehead against hers, he didn't want to leave like this.

"I love you Arthur, I think I just need some time to... Be normal. I need to get my life together and be by myself. I swear to you, this is not the end of us." She kissed him softly, and he savored it. Arthur didn't know when he would be able to get another one from her.

"I love you too Amara" he said as he pulled away from her, looking into her eyes.

"And when I come back you have some serious things to make up for. I'm still mad about that." She said, causing him to crack a small smile and a chuckle to escape his lips.

She kissed him once more before he left her alone in her hospital, to be left with nothing but her thoughts.

Yet again, the marvelous Dottir_Of_Odin helped me write since I'm some actual bullshit hehehee kms