[35] No Sign of Her

Twitter- @longlostwriter

Nathan:

This is my last day here at Singapore.

I'll be back home alone. Maiiwan si Dad for some reasons.

We're having lunch at the hotel.

"Son how are you and Jan?"Dad asked.

"We're cool. Madly inlove."I said. That made him laugh.

"Oh son, that's too cheesy."I smirked.

"Indeed really cheesy."

I became closer to my Dad. I don't know how and I don't know when. I just wake up one day and everything changed.

I became better person. I'm more open to others. Still snob but not too much. Can't blame myself for being snob. Come on, some people are too full of themselves that for you to not say anything harsh, you'll just shut your mouth and not care at all.

And I'm too lazy to talk a lot. That's not my forte. I'm into thinking than talking.

But hell no, I've been into talking than thinking before. I made mistakes because of this stupid mouth who won't stop telling things that we're not approved by my heart. Another cheesy line, sh-t.

But atleast after my regretful decisions, I pursued her again. I cleaned up the mess I made.

And now, we're still together. She's not the one who changed me into a better person. She's the one who helped me to be a better one.

No one can change you because they are here to help you, to encourage you and to inspire you to be a better person. It's up to you if you will change for the better.

---------------------

"Take care son. Call me if something happen."I nodded and bid my goodbye to my Dad.

Before shutting down my phone, I dialled Eliza's number. It took three minutes before she answered her phone.

"Eliza why you're so slow in answering your phone? Are you that busy?"I asked. There's a slight irritation in my voice.

"I-I'm sorry. Pumunta kasi akong cr. Ngayon ka na uuwi, right?"I looked at my watch. I still have 5 minutes to talk to her.

"Yes. I really miss you. Kapag nakauwi na ko, I'll see you at the apartment, okay?"silence. She didn't answer."Wifey, are you still there?"

"Uhh... Y-yes. Nasa airport ka na ba? We're taking too much time baka kailangan ng i-end call ito."after she said that, they announced that we need to close our gadgets."So I guess time's up na?"

"See you soon, Mrs. Lee. Can't wait for our wedding! I love you."I heard her sobs. Is she crying?

"Wifey, why are you crying? Please don't. I'm not there to hug you or to be with you. Please don't."I can't calm myself now. She's crying and I'm not there for pete's sake!

"I-I just miss you. W-Wag na mag-alala."

"Stop crying if you want me to calm."I heard again the announcement of taking off the phones.