Chase

I knew Andy had asked Kate to be his girlfriend. With my luck, I had seen it happen. You might think that my watching them could count as a borderline stalker, but I preferred to call it "Seeing What Could Have Happened If I Hadn't Blown It." I hadn't planned on ramming into her, I swear. Health class had gotten out late and I didn't see where I walked. I also hadn't planned on seeing my best guy friend hooking up with, well whatever you could call Kate.

The next day at school didn't help very much. Sitting in Earth Science, I thought about other girls I could go out with. A sudden knock o the door sounded, and Ms. Chu teetered over in her too-tall heels, and there in the hallway, stood Kate.

"Good morning Miss Jackson. I see you won't have any trouble finding your seat." The guy who usually sat next to me had vanished a re-appeared at the table next to me, leaving the only empty seat next to me. As she walked over, Kate's hips moved in a way they never had before. At least not in a way that I had noticed before. Sitting down Kate shot me a deep, sultry look.

"Morning, Chase. Nice to see you again." Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she bent down to reach into her bag for a pen and just so happened to give me the perfect opportunity to glance down her shirt.

Next thing I know, class is over, and health last period because the halls emptied except for Kate and me. She glides over to me and pushes me against the locker with one finger, right in the middle of my chest, grateful the halls had emptied because we would have gotten suspended in an instant for being so physical. She runs her finger down my chest to give me a poke in the stomach. Right in the center of my scars. Slowly, she licks her lips and kisses me harder and harder, pressing me into the locker. My hands grab at her waist, and I'm matching her intensity. Finally Kate grabs me by my backpack straps and pulls me into an empty classroom.

I woke up with a start and sighed. The half-pornographic dreams about Kate had to stop. There had to be some way to get her back. Or more of get her. I guess she had never really been mine. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but I just pathetically thought about Kate and how much I wished that could become my reality.