#2 Somethings are too stupid to be called "things"!

This was a game. A stupid game.

You win, you survived to the next level; you lose, game over. And in my case there was no reset.

Three days ago, I discovered the imagination is the most powerful thing one can have and lucky me, I had it. The stuff I used to believe for fun came to my life to spice things up.

I guess I was so bored, that I was searching for danger. (I don't recommend it!)

So get your popcorn ready, because I'm gonna tell you all a story and trust me it's a long one.

It was all because of that stupid substitute teacher. He had to be so irritating. Getting on my nerves and all. (I mean if I say it's Alexander, it is, even in hell : Alexander! Not Alexandra or anything...)

So I decided to take a stroll. At least that's what I call it.

I lied with my back against the tree, letting my head rest on its soft bark. The one in the edge of the school grounds. It was my happy place. It reminded me of home.

I stretched my legs and looked up with my half-asleep eyes. The thick canopy of leaves shaded me from the harsh sun. I didn't like sun light. Much.

What time was it? 12:30? 1:00?

If you're thinking what the heck was I doing sleeping under a tree in the middle of the day, I already made myself clear, I'm not bunking, Im simply taking a stroll. Well, sort of.

But just about when I was getting a decent amount of silence to fall asleep, I heard hurried steps across the grass. I looked up, this time actually bothering to see what it was.

 A blurry figure marched towards me in the blazing sun.

Getting up was the pain, my legs felt like it had been sedated with ten doses of morphine.

When I finally did, Mr. Devans stood in front of me, glaring at me with his pale amber eyes.

"Miss Summers, HOW MANY TIMES do I have to tell you that there is no exception for taking a stroll during class hours?"

Did I mention that I do this a lot?

He tried his best to sound like he cared. Hey, I guess you only have a limited amount of patience when it came dealing with moody teenagers.

"To my office now"

I followed him to the principal's office. We walked across the grass. The academy's grounds were pretty neat. The front only might have been enough to hold two foot ball matches (or more). The land plot was a perfect rectangle. A fence of about 8 feet high lining the border.

The sun hid behind the clouds and a warm breeze swept along my face. Everything was perfect, but like every perfect thing, why would it last?

The school pillars were tall and white. With small rings of engraved hearts. My school had an open corridor system, so where ever you were, you could find you way to the outside.

It was built in an eighteenth century cathedral style.

To the center we passed through the small circle of roses with paths that crossed each other like an X.

On the other side of the X was a large mahogany door with plate that read PC's OFFICE.

After he sat down he gave me the you-know-the-drill look.

I sat near the window desperately gazing through the glass. I pointed at my tree.

"I want to go outside" I did sound like a whiny kid, but that's the way I am. Deal with it.

The principle sighed at me and rubbed his over sized forehead.

"Uh! What am I supposed to do with you?"

There's only so much could he.

I'm an above average student. The "wait until you parents hear about this" excuse has never worked on me. Why would it? The dead stay dead.

I yawned.

My mind wondered around random bits of thought while he lectured to me about the importance of socializing and behaving and blah blah blah...

The only thing that woke me up was the bit about detention.

He looked at me with his pale amber eyes, his lips twitching under all the stress. The pen in his fingers rapidly tapping the table. Tap, tap, tap

At last he stood up and cleared his throat. "I'll see you detention for the next three weeks and in addition you are going to clean up the school attic."

"Huh?"

I looked at him as if he was speaking in gibberish. Has he seen the size of that place!??

The last time I was there I could barely make my way out.

"Clean the attic." He said, slowly pronouncing it like I was deaf or something. And then left the room.