#5 I'm a lefty - violinist

For a moment I thought I was about to get up from my rewind, but then something tugged at my feet and pulled at me.  

I woke up grasping for breath, just to realize I was still dreaming. We had P.E after Bio. I slumped against a tree watching Lavendar skip rope faster than anything I've ever seen. All the kids crowding around her. I counted 300 skips.

From the edge of the crowd I spotted Coach Daya glaring daggers at me. "Summers, drop and give me twenty. NOW!" she bellowed.

I sighed.

I was never really into participation. I dropped down and game her 20 strong push ups, leaving her gawking at me. I once again went back to my tree and slumped against it. My tanned arms were oddly taunted with muscles.

The upsides of being a monkey.

After recess the next day, Lavendar asked me to join her in music class. The auditorium where we had our music classes were much larger than other rooms. Tiled in white and black like a chess board. Lavendar frolicked along and seat at the back next to me. Since I was there, I might as well choice an instrument.

" Do you play any?" Lavendar asked her hands laced around a flute.

I picked up the violin case from behind me. " Yeah, I do"

The only thing I did good at this school was to play the violin.

I raised the violin to my neck and placed the bow at the center.

1,2,3. . . 

I closed my eyes and played, swinging the bow up and down, adding just the right amount of pressure in my flow. My tune somewhat sad and despite being a right handed person, I can only play with my left. Funny, right?

I did my final chord and took a deep breath. It always made me happy. Playing randomly with no actual song in mind.

I looked up and saw Lavendar staring at me, her eyes wide with surprise.

"That was beautiful" I heard her whisper.

 I turned around and found curious eyes on me, my music teacher, Miss Amore beaming at me. 

Her hard work paid off after all. The only reason I got into this school was on her request.

Why, I wonder?