#32 tea.tea.tea

Pt. 2

Queen Isabel had quite exquisite taste when it came to tea. We were out in the veranda, sitting aroung a tea table made of crystal cut glass that caught the sun in various angles that almost blinded me. The table was filled with the most delicate pastries and sweets I had ever seen which looked more like décor rather than food.

The queen sighed as she sipped from a cup of chamomile tea. "So, how has your time here been, Alex?"

I looked up, my head tilting slightly to the right. She had a way of saying my name where it almost sounded like AH-recs. "Extremely lucid." I said, gobbling up a rose that seemed to be made out of sugar.

"Indeed." She said. "Lavendar, why don't you go show your friend here around the castle?"

Her smile was blinding. Like a halo of light was being shown behind the ethereal fall of her dark hair. My jaw hung ajar. I think I was drooling a bit too.

"MOM! Stop it!"

The queen just chuckled before playfully waving them off.

It took me a will to realize I was walking and get myself together. Lavendar looked at me apologetically. "My mom's a bit crazy about visitors." And I she mumbled under her breath about ..fair folk or something. I didn't get why her mom would do that. The after effects are unbearable. My head throbbed like twin suns.

"It takes a minute to wear off." Lavendar whispered. For no apparent reason.

"Why we whispering?"

"Don't you hear it"

And I stopped in my tracks. The veranda wasn't only used for gardening apparently. Four emerald eyes gleamed in the dark and Lavendar and I had barely enough time to jump away.