# A night in a lake

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw her was : WOW, you are TALL.

And heck she was!

She pulled her hood down, revealing a neatly tied chignon of black hair with a few white streaks. She was an asian woman in her mid-thirties maybe. Her eyes were a bit wrinkly at the tips.

"Good afternoon, Miss" Her voice was gentle and clear. Though it had a slight French accent to it.

I nodded. Atleast I think I did

"Welcome to Lilith de Mon Academy and I hope you feel right at home here." Her smile was quite blinding and very maternal.

It is very odd feel. My aunt never gave off such feels. She has more of an elder-sibling vibe on me (even though she's shorter than me). And what's this about a new school?

My eyes were burning and I could hear my pulse throb against my temples like a drum. I think I might have made a face because the woman came forward and swiped her hand over my forehead.

The last thing I heard before slipping back in to darkness was the word Sleep.

Even after feeling the excruciating pain in my head, my mind wouldn't rest. I kept on swirling and swirling in a pool of black. My memories turning fuzzier, but then it all stopped.

 I found myself sitting at the bottom of a lake in the middle of the night. My senses were all out of place. I simply sat there with no willingness to move. My arms were wrapped around my knees.

It was dark, but I could see. There was movement, but I couldn't hear. There was no air, but I could breathe.

In the water around me I felt something move. It was a small something, but swift. This time I turned around. My head whipped back with lightning speed. And in that moment I saw what moved, clear as crystal.

A small leaf. About the size of my palm. In the frigid dark water, it stood still. My hand surged forward and gently nudged the leaf. It twirled and began to spin super fast, emitting a soft white light.

I saw it change.

It transformed right in front of my eye. The midrib of the leaf elongating into gleaming metal. The sides into a delicate vine of leaves of golden.

 The diamonds on the base of the sword glistened in the refined moonlight. My hand surged forward once again.

I couldn't help it. It was like the mirror all over again. I felt my fingers grip at the leather hilt of the sword. Instantly, I felt heat all over my body, like it was out in the sun on a midsummer day.

But I felt movement again. At the bottom of the pool tendrils of darkness creeped and curled, then shot out at me. They coiled around my ankles and pulled my down.