# 22 Lion-headed suns

Instead of pain all I felt that day was fire.

ÂThe swirling flames that kept bringing back memories that I have no plans on remembering burned with immense heat.

My heart leaped out of me and I found myself on the floor with my back out against a stone-studded wall. My hand outstretched. My heart hammered against my chest, the table with the map on it was only a few meters away.

I ran my hands across the map and my brows furrowed. It's not in English.

I carefully read through the words. In cursive French, written on the top was 'Domaine des Bijouxâ'

'Field of Jewels.' 

The map was inked with blue. Xs' were sprinkled all over the map. At the very bottom in the smallest text ever printed, credits were written: Art by S.Wals

I flipped over the pages. And found one that interested me the most. It was also one of those rare pages that weren't written completely in archaic french, which had too many complicated terms. Plus, it had pictures.

"Millennial daemons..." I translated as I read through. ".....of one of the many dukes and counts that took part in the war in the first realm war, the most recognized was great president Buer, who was not only sentenced to oblivion but was also stripped of his presidency and legion. ..."

 Under that an image of a lion's head with horse legs that sticking out all around like a sun. It was one of those pictures that scar you for life.

Continuing. "This was great tragedy to all mortals on second realm as Buer was a great scholar who fought for the equalization law of creatures to be passed. This law was later enforced after the war, in X446."

Another horrifying picture. This time of a group of mythical creatures trying to rip out each other's eye balls. Luckily all those images were in black and white.

I shut the book and searched the shelves for another because clearly this was doing no good. only childhood scarring images there. My fingers ran over the panels and stopped when I found a book called Demons: Classification and Categorization. In English, ofcourse.

As I pulled out the book, myeyes caught the silver words on the panel underneath. Desespoir.