# 28 Red rose and death cross

Turns out the legion is just an assortment of creatures with fashion sense before the 17th century.

Mostly tall dudes with pointy ears and light hair like Lav, but there were a few eye catchers.

All of them in identical armors. Not like the one from earlier but more of a high tech version. With shoulder plates and a chest plate. And two metal cuffs for their arms. That's it.

So I sat there, on the cool metal of Dr.Rajaa's examination table. My ankle had had gone numb by the time I arrive leaving nothing but a giant swollen lump the size of a grapefruit next to my ankle. My knees were dead and for all I knew I might as well have been paralyzed from the waist down. But, surprisingly, I wasn't.

Rajaa mixed vials and cut tubes, attaching one by a needle into the underside of my elbow. Then extracting a tube of blood and mixing it with something blue. She's a multitasker. I mean, doing all that well cursing me in Arabic, now that's achievement!

I groan. My hands were bruised and my elbow had a tube which was attached to an IV bag. My head hurt from all the spinning and the way the air was knocked out of my lungs. I'm shocked the g force hadn't killed me yet.

I heard a pounding on the door and tried getting up, to open it or get out of here. Apparently I did and regretted it immediately.

Mental note:- don't come within 5 meter radius of Lavendar when injured.

Only causes more injuries,

I rubbed my ribs lightly as Lavendar chattered on about dragon scales...I think. Yah.

I saw a peeking figure leaning against the wall of the corridor behind Lav, his jet black hair peeking out of its hood. His head was down so I couldn't read his expression, but everything else seemed fine!

I hadn't realized how much time had passed. It was late in the evening I think. Apparently Miss Eryka asked for me. Lav and Jazz were with me, Lav clutching my hand so tightly her nails practically embedded themselves in to my palm. Jazz just found his shoes inevitably interesting for some reason.

This time Miss Eryka was in her dark robes, clasping at a white rose and a pot of ink.

"I hope you feel better, Alex. You have a big day tomorrow." Her fingers twirled the rose and it turned in to a ring which she dipped ever so lightly into the ink and stamped an envelope which appeared out of thin air on the table in front of her.

What was she yelping about now? ??