#3 Is this how it feels to blackout?

After the bell, I headed up to the attic.

The air smelt like dust and saw wood. It was big room with a high slanting roof. A number of oddities scattered all along the floor. Antique furniture covered in dusty old linen took most of the room's space. I walked around a bit and found it. The mirror.

I looked at it with horror. How was it's still intact?

I clearly remember smashing it to bits. But here it stood in front of me. The glass gleamed and the metal shone as if it was just polished.

 Even in the light, I could see the reflection my irises glowing. I wanted to run, but it pulled at me, like it was a giant magnet and I was a lump of iron.

I stepped forward and reached out for it. It rippled like water when I touched it. Just like the first time. I starred at it for a second and I sort of toppled over and fell in.

 I felt like water.

But I didn't dare open my eyes cause they were wielded shut. Well, it felt like water. I even held my breath. Involuntary reflex.

I tumbled into what felt like water and fell. Again.

It was like a black hole just materialized under me out of nowhere and I was sky diving in oblivion.

And then black. Not like it wasn't already black, I passed out.

The last thing I remembered was lights. Bright white lights being flashed on my face.

As I fell in my own darkness, I had a little dream; it was more of a recap, like previously on: Alex's crazy mind games.

The replay started from the very beginning which kind of made me wanna fast forward.

I was walking around my house with my hands cupped behind my neck. My house wasn't much but it was home. It was a very hippie styled home. My aunt C was my guardian from as long as I could remember. C for Cynthia. And there she was behind the counter, preparing some sandwiches. Her short red hair was pulled back from her copper colored face by a yellow headband.

She was a petite young woman in her early thirties. And of course extremely beautiful.

She was gonna drop me off at my school and go to work. She worked well, she used to be a soldier, did seven years military service. But now she was an art professor at Californian Majoring Arts.

 I walked around my front yard, occasionally rubbing my hands across the soft grass.

The view from the highest branch on the tree in my yard was quite something. Dangling from the branches upside down I could see the sun rises from along the horizon, tinting the blue sea a warm shade of orange.

"Alexander"

My aunt's voice was edged with annoyance. On the driveway, my aunt stood next to a small blue convertible. Her stern gaze fixed on me, occasionally allowing a quick glance at her watch.

I sighed. Unhooking my legs from the tree branch, I took one last peek at the rising sun, finally out of hiding. I quietly landed on the balls of my feet and got into the car. As we drove to school, I looked out the window.

The scenery whisking past me; hypnotizing me.

Sleep.

After what felt like two minutes later, my aunt tickled my stomach and I jerked up bumping my head on the car's hood. "Owww...." I whined rubbing my head.

Aunt C chuckled. "Get out of the car, you baby. We're here."

I blinked at the large castle in front of me.

Redwood Academy of Fine Arts.

With a bear hug and a kiss on the cheek, I waved good bye to my precious aunt.

As the blue car disappeared from sight I gasped at my school. The acres of grass filled with clusters of kids and parents alike. Tearing up and giving each other their good buys.

First day of the winter term .Winter .