#21 Domaine des bijoux

"Millennial daemons...." I read.

The library was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It was a sort of atrium with a glass doom that refracted the sunlight through each panel. The walls had the same type of stone studded art. Forming a giant tree. A family tree.

Each shelve was polished mahogany. Scrolls, books and stone tablets stacked along neatly. The one thing that stood out was the words. I ran my hand across the numerous panels on the shelve. I felt the words shimmer under my touch. Each was different. Each in different languages all together. I pick a leather bond book. The title glistened silver.

The First Realm War

 The book was old. Really old.

No chapters or anything, I just laid it across a table. Surprisingly, the library was empty.

I found a map. I carefully unfolded the paper. It looked like...France maybe.

The map was caked with dust. I took a deep breath and blew it off. Was it just me or did the dust just triple in volume or something?

It fogged my vision in a plumes of coffee brown. I gagged and coughed, my eye stinging shut.

But when it did open, what met me was beyond surreal.Then again wasn't this all?

The fields were an odd shade of dusty burgundy. Was such sand ever existent?

Like maize the long grass stood, slightly falling. The sky was red as the sun got ready to set.

Thud, thud, thud....

The rhythmic beat bet against my feet. Like the sound of horses hooves. It only got louder. I watched in horror as thousands of creatures of various kind charged at me. An army. I turned to run but my feet were planted firm. The army of creatures surged forward and a horse of pure darkness emerged from them. Larger than any horse I've ever seen, it's eyes were burning coal. Mounted on was a demon in gleaming silver robes. They gave off vibes of fear and terror. I felt my legs turn to jelly as I felt on my back, unable to move. But at that moment our eyes met. Behind those robes I felt the demon grin as a ice cold blade merged against my skin.