xi. daddy issues

Between:
Richie x Reader
Warnings:
'daddy' is used, blood, abuse

a/n: the title. i'm so sorry innocent children out there but I had to 😂. also, sorry about another Richie imagine but 🤷🏼‍♀️. #noregerts & I know that Eddie doesn't have a dad living with him but it's called an imagine for a reason :)

Your dad had gone too far this time with his beatings and you were left with a few large bruises, skin that was cracked open with blood spilling out of the wounds, and pieces of your skin burned from a cigarette that had managed to make contact with your skin from your dad's most recent smoke.

Tears flew freely down your face as your brother knocked desperately at the door. "___, come on out. Dad left and he won't be back for a while."

You leaned your head against the back of the cold tiles of the shower as you looked at the door in front of you, tears dropping loudly to your ears onto the shower below.

Another wrap at the door. "___, come on. The Losers might want to check on you." Your brother kept trying to persuade you.

"E-Eddie, not r-right now, alright?" You said, wiping away some of the blood on your shirt, feeling the click of the lock unlocking. Your eyes didn't move from the cuts that littered your body, old scars underneath fresh blood.

The door opened and Eddie stood in the bathroom looking down at you. Your bleeding legs hung over the edge of the bathtub, where you were still crying.

Eddie reached into the tub, grabbing your hand and pulling you out. Your face landed into his chest as a sobbing mess, tears running your face and on his shirt as he just held you gently.

"Look, the Losers said to meet up at the Quarry. It'll make you feel better, come on, ___."

Reluctantly, you pulled your face away from his shirt and nodded, wiping away your tears but left a few drops of blood on your cheeks.

The chattering sound of the Losers from the Quarry didn't surprise you, seeing as most of it came from your crush, the trashmouth of the group.

"Oh, shut up already, Tozier." You heard Stan say as Eddie stepped into view with you hesitantly following him into the sunlight from the darkened trees and shadows that hid your cuts.

"Eddie, glad you and ___ could make it." Stan said as Beverly looked you up and down. "___?" She asked, trying not to draw too much attention to you.

You held back the tears that were forming as a choking sob held itself in your throat. Your mouth opened but no words came out and it felt like glue had influenced the silence of your words.

Beverly looked over at Eddie, suddenly getting the attention of everyone else. "___!" Stan exclaimed, coming over and observing the cuts as Eddie tried to talk to them.

You sighed, the tears suddenly falling from your eyes as your loud sobs filled the quarry grounds. "It's our dad, okay? He beats me and treats me like a piece of shit, and I'm the result of a mistake and-"

Richie pulled you into his arms, earning a small gasp from Eddie. He always told you that Richie was off limits because of the way he talked, and because of the way he flirted but you always were drawn to him.

Even if he said there was no way in hell he would let you two date, you still were living your own life and could make your own decisions.

The rest of the Losers just watched, Stan mumbling something to Eddie as Eddie just stared in disbelief. "Hey, look at me, ___."

The others stood shocked because not only did the trashmouth flirt with you but he never was this soft around someone either. Your eyes met his through the thick lenses and you choked back a sob.

"You don't have to let him do this. When things get bad, you can always come over to my place." Richie kept his smile as he pushed his lips gently onto yours, Stan holding Eddie back from nearly wanting to punch him.

When Richie let go, you relaxed in his arms, the feeling of him holding you being familiar and soothing as you smiled.

Stan let Eddie go finally, him standing near Richie with fists tightened. You didn't flinch much but as his fist came up to gesture, you flinched in Richie's arms.

Your blood from the wounds were now dried, but bruises were still very evident and the cuts looked like they needed attention.

"_-___, I'm not like him, I swear." You opened your eyes slowly to look at Eddie. "I know, but I just got beaten and I'm in a delicate state. I know you would never hit me or anything on purpose but Dad..." You trailed off, not finishing the statement.

Richie smiled down at you before looking up at Eddie. "She's just having a few daddy issues, is all." Eddie shook his head while you laughed softly, making Eddie look back at you.

Richie leaned down and whispered, "And I'm not talking about your dad." You gasped, nudging him slightly your elbow as he just smiled at Eddie, who was wondering what he had said.

The rest of the Losers smiled at the two of you as Eddie finally gave in and sighed. "Look, I know I said I would never let you two date but," He paused, looking at your hopeful eyes. "After you helped my sister today, Rich, I'll allow it."

You grinned. "You're giving me away now, huh?" You asked, a little hurt in your voice from some past issues that were still unresolved. Eddie smiled at the two of you and you turned back around to put your lips on Richie's.

"Maybe I do have some daddy issues." You whispered and he only smirked in response.

WOW.

SORRY FOR THAT DADDY STUFF.

honestly, daddy isn't a bad word because, hell, little kids say 'daddy, daddy!' when they want their dad & it's not smut related or anything so....

get y'all's minds out of the sewer.

omg bad attempt at a sad joke. #ripgeorgie🎈

anyways, thanks for reading & im super excited for upcoming chapters!!!!!

beep beep friends.

-katherine

time: 3:22 pm
words: 1054

🎈