beep beep: 'daddy issues' concerns discussed

a/n: TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ MENTIONS OF BLOOD, ABUSE, SUICIDE, CUTS ⚠️

welcome to another 'beep beep' chapter where I'll be basically giving my thoughts on stuff & talking about my book chapters if necessary.

I just (literally, *just*) uploaded my 'daddy issues' chapter & I have some stuff to talk about so please read that & come back to finish this.

so, basically, if you're thinking on the like of smut, then the word 'daddy' probably means something much more sexualized than I'm intending for it to be.

Sure, Richie does say something along the lines of her having 'daddy issues' & he's not talking about her dad so that's a casual mention of sex but that's also who his character is.

I'm not a fan of smut, sure, I'll read it & all but I'm not a fan of writing it nor is it my favorite to read. Especially when it's between 13, 14, or 15 year olds.

It's just totally inappropriate. To sexual a kid/teen who is thriving & to think of them like that makes me a little unsettled. Yes, I love the kids from IT & ST too, but I will never want to picture someone having sex with them because of their current age.

Or just in general, honestly.

Hopefully that's cleared up.

Next, I want to talk about the abuse I talk about in the chapter. Now, I've never been abused by a parent (for the people that have: Please please please call someone & talk to them. Get some help because it makes me so sad to hear that kids get abused & it's not even something they did).

I don't go deep into the abuse, especially since I have no idea what abuse is actually like & tv shows dramaticize the reactions of it a lot, so I just mention that it happened.

I talk about blood, and the cuts & bruises, and that she's crying in a bathtub. What I was thinking when I was writing it was that she was just crying in a tub.

But now that I go back & look at it...

Suicide.

Suicide can happen anywhere, in any location, so it's not limited to a bathroom but a lot of people lock themselves in a bathroom to commit suicide (from the people I've talked to, they've always gone to the bathroom & considered it)

So, if anyone was thinking she was committing suicide: she wasn't. That's just the location that I put her in.

So, hopefully I cleared up some stuff!!!

thanks for reading!!!

beep beep friends.

-katherine

time: 3:41 pm
words: 430
last updated: 10:30 pm

🎈