xvi. mistake

Between:
Mike x Reader
Warnings:
Mentions of death, swearing, blood is mentioned, abuse, cuts, scars, just an entire trigger warning for anyone who doesn't do anything related to carving things in skin much like self harm in a way

The summer that your dad died was also the summer you never wanted to see his face during after what he did to not only you but your friends.

He abused you every night.

Leaving bruises, sounding like he broke bones but you had Eddie check them out for you, leaving cuts littering your body, and scarring the skin later on.

You had always shown up to the Losers the same way, every day, for the entire summer.

Tears running your cheeks, messy hair from trying to escape his grasp, cuts bleeding down your skin as the rest of the Losers tried to help you.

This time, your dad had gone too far.

Walking into your house felt like you were walking into no man's land, or something relatively close to it.

Peeking around the corner, you didn't see your dad in the living room chair he tended to stick himself in continually but didn't expect him to come running at you.

Next thing you knew, you were pinned to the ground, your dad hitting you continually with his fist before stopping.

"You," He began, pointing a bloody finger to your face. "You are a mistake." He spat.

You couldn't believe him. Did he really think that all these years, even with your mom around a few years ago?

You tried to get up and leave but he held you down, bringing out a silver bladed knife, the light reflecting off of it and you knew immediately he had been saving it for a moment like this.

You watched as he made contact with the skin on your arm. He dug, causing blood to pour out and screams escape your lips.

"There." He whispered. "Now everyone will know what you are to me."

He got off from on top of you as you glanced at your arm.

Mistake.

It was carved into your skin by your own father.

The Losers always tended to hang out in the same spot so as you began to run quickly down the hill towards the Barrens, you started to just sob.

You ran into the trashmouth first, who immediately pulled you up and into his arms, holding you in a friendly, yet loving manner.

You sobbed quite loudly, the word 'mistake' that was carved into your skin showing to the rest of the group that stood behind Richie.

Mike Hanlon got up, coming over quickly to look at what had happened.

"Oh my God! Did Bowers do this? I swear if I can get my fucking hands on him-"

"No." You said, removing your face from the crook in Richie's neck. "M-My Dad, my own father, did this."

You looked up at Mike who just showed the aggression in his eyes. You stared at him for a few seconds before looking away, the word still burned into your brain.

"Okay, ___, I have some stuff I can use to fix you up, alright?" Eddie told you. You nodded, wiping away some of the tears you had still running down your cheeks.

The rest of the Losers gathered around, some looking at the wound as you just tried to keep your tears together instead of down your face.

"Okay, so this might hurt a little." Eddie said, putting some type of alcohol to your skin with a cotton ball after wiping the blood away.

You held your tongue, the pain seeming more bearable than your previous experience.

Afterwards, he wiping the rest of the wound off with some clean water, and dried it with a cotton ball. Finally, placing a bandage on top of the word.

"Thanks, Eddie." You told him with a smile.

He smiled back in return.

"Just so you know, none of us think of you as a mistake."

You nodded. "Yeah, I know."

You stood up, walking over to Mike and pulling him into a hug. You felt relaxed in his arms and what came surprised you.

You felt his lips push on yours, and you were taken aback for a second. This was your first kiss.

When he let go, you gave him a soft smile.

"You aren't a mistake, ___. We all know it."

hellooooo!!!

so that's my first Mike imagine!!!

i like it! I don't like why I carved mistake into the arm of y'all in this chapter but I think it adds to the story & girl, there a shit ton of killing sprees that happen in the movie so that isn't too bad.

hopefully you all enjoyed!!!

REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!

thanks for reading!!

beep beep my friends.

-katherine

time: 8:56 am
words: 805

🎈