someday (part one)

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF DEATH & FUNERALS

You hated it.

You hated it so much- so much that he was in pain and that you couldn't help him get over it in any way.

Of course- when something like that happens, you can't just build a bridge and get over it. It takes time, it takes hope, and it takes love.

You just wished you could do something about it.

On the day Georgie Denbrough died, you had gone to the funeral dressed in all black, holding an umbrella over you and Bill while he held onto your hand tightly as small, silver tears slipped down his cheeks.

A frown adorned your lips as you watched the casket slowly go into the ground while Bill had the saddest look in his eyes.

Georgie was so young- too young- to die when he did, and it was sickening to your stomach that he did die.

Bill didn't say much, especially afterwards when everyone came up to the family to talk to them and send their condolences with them.

You stood next to Bill, still holding his hand, and the umbrella in the other as you stared over at him while he stared at the ground that was soaking itself in mud.

"Bill?" You said, softly. He didn't move. You didn't give up because you knew he could hear you- even if he didn't respond.

"Just know that I love you, and you can always come over and talk to me. My window is open." You told him gently, handing him the umbrella as you began to step out into the rain.

Bill didn't move, but he did hear your words and little did you know that he would be over tonight.

-
You had been dating Bill for two years now- starting back when you were young and the magic had still continued, going against what everyone had told you two.

It was no surprise he took a liking towards you.

You were gentle, sweet, loving. Everything Bill wanted in a girl- you were her. His dream girl.

You sat alone in your room tonight, the rain running off your roof in small streams as you stared at the pages of the book in front of you.

Your lamp shone sufficient enough light on it for you to read.

There was a soft knock on your window and you almost didn't hear it, if it wasn't for the rain slowing down slightly.

Tossing the book to the side, you got up and headed over to the window, opening it to find a soaking wet and cold Bill Denbrough who looked as if he had been crying for hours on end.

"Come on." You ushered him into your room quietly, waiting for him to get fully in for you to shut the window as the rain started back up again.

You went over to your closet- grabbing out a few towels, a sweatshirt of his that you had stolen, and some of his sweatpants that he had accidentally left over one time when you two were at the quarry for a date and got wet so you had to change.

You handed it all to him- ushering him into the bathroom while you went to your bed, pulling out two blankets and placing them on top of it. You fluffed the pillows and got out two more.

The soft click of the door opening again made you turn towards it.

Bill's hair was still wet and sticking to his head and his eyes were bloodshot. He looked pitiful.

You reached out your arms towards him, beckoning him to come into them. He didn't hesitate to do so, as he shoved himself into your embrace.

"I muh-miss him alre-ready so mu-much." He stuttered out, crying into your shoulder as you held onto him tightly.

"I know, Bill. I know. It's okay." You cooed softly into his ear, holding him so tightly that he felt so content and safe in your arms.

"Hey, you don't have to worry about anything. I'll be here. I'll always be here." You told him.

He didn't say anything but let you continue to hold onto him. He didn't want you to ever let go.

"I sh-shouldn't of muh-made that puh-paper boat, ____."

You shushed him, moving your hands up to around his neck as you held onto him. You didn't want him to continue to think about it. You didn't want him to be in more pain than he already was.

"Bill, you know I won't ever leave you." You told him gently.

He nodded in response.

"So, just know that I'm always here for you."

He nodded once again.

Silence settled back into the room as you held onto a pitiful, puppy Bill Denbrough.

-
I'm so sorry for making this such a sad series from the start.

-katherine