as cheesy as it might sound

a/n: so, I got a lot of votes (by lots, I mean like four or five haha) from people saying they wanted a cute valentine's imagine with Richie x Reader :). so, here I am to deliver it!

warnings: swearing, mentions of kissing, kissing

between: Richie x Reader

Valentine's day was the day everyone spent time with their loved ones, showering them with gifts of love, appreciation, chocolate, and cute stuffed animals, and don't forget the kisses.

Yes, you were in a relationship with someone but they weren't the type of person to actually be into the cutesy, ooey-gooey relationship stuff.

Richie Tozier was way different from those words, actually.

He liked to spend his days cussing someone out, finding Bowers on purpose to start a fight, and playing games in a hot air and sweaty filled arcade.

However, you were still a girl with feelings, no matter how tough you could be around your friends or anyone in that matter.

"Huh-Happy Valentine's Duh-Day, Buh-Bev." You heard Bill stutter out from behind you as you stood with your head against your locker.

"Aw, Bill!" You heard her shriek, only making you turn around to see what they were up to. She held a small rose in her hand as Bill pulled her into a tight hug.

You groaned slightly under your breath, trying to ignore the affection but it was hard to not notice it. Bill was especially affectionate during this day.

"Hey, hotstuff." You heard behind you, before the click of a locker turned you away from your two best friends who were still hugging each other, Bev still holding the rose in hand.

You turned around to see Richie looking inside of his locker that was practically drowning in papers.

"Hey, babe." You said, a little bit of disappointment in your tone but Richie didn't notice it one bit, seeing as he turned towards you, gripping you by your waist, and pulling you towards him.

"You know," He began, "I think we should do something this afternoon."

A soft smile grazed (Grazer lol) your lips as you stared up into his magnified eyes behind the thickest lenses you'd ever seen.

"Sure." You said, before the bell rang and he quickly pressed his lips to yours. "I'll meet you behind the dumpster."

Richie raised an eyebrow. "Why that fucking place? Of all the places you could've picked, ___, you'd assume that I'd want to meet you-"

You pressed your lips to his again in any attempt to shut him up, which so happened to work. "I don't want Bowers finding me. Finding us."

Richie smiled down at you. "You're a tough girl, ___. I think you can handle any asshole that tries to swing a punch at you."

A small laugh bubbled up from your throat. "Thanks, Tozier. I'll see you later then."

-
Time was ticking overhead, making your foot tap out of nerves while you stayed behind the dumpster as quiet as could be so that Bowers wouldn't find you.

You knew deep down Richie was right, but you couldn't bring yourself to put up a fight today. It was Valentine's Day, after all.

"Sorry I'm late, sweetcheeks." You heard the oh so familiar voice of your boyfriend who practically sprinted to where you were standing.

You smiled. "Hey."

"Hey." He responded, grabbing your hand in his and pulling you along.

"What's this for?" You asked him, catching up to his side, keeping his hand intertwined with yours. He glanced over at you. "What?"

You laughed, holding up your intertwined hands. "Richie Tozier doesn't just hold my hand on the daily basis."

It was true. As odd as it sounded, it was true. The first thought of a couple that came to mind were people that held hands but with you and Richie, it was different. Especially considering that you and him were both different from everyone else.

He shrugged. "I don't know, just love you, I guess."

You cocked a brow. "You guess? What's that supposed to mean?"

Richie laughed nervously, trying to clear the awkward air between the two of you as you walked down the hot streets of Derry, your backpacks still clinging to your backs.

"No, that's not what I mean. I'm just, nervous." He said, looking over at you before focusing back on the street ahead.

"Richie," You said, stopping him in the middle of the sidewalk. People grumbled softly, moving around you in a hurry.

He looked over at you, a twinkle in his eye.

"Richie, I love-"

His lips were on yours faster than you've ever had them on yours before, even on your dates when they get heated afterwards.

When he let go, you finished your sentence. "You."

He smiled down at you, pulling you tightly in his grasp.

"Happy Valentine's day, love."

sorry that it's not up on valentine's day but I'm also sick & trying to not die because it SUCKS.

thanks for reading.

beep beep friends.

-katherine

words: 833

🎈