A New Beginning

It's was hard enough that my father and I had to move from my hometown, but to also move my Junior year

I had started to do my research on our new little town called "Riverdale", which I already had been dreading but once I found out more about it, I was dreading it even more...

There was a recent murder and there's been lots of crime happening lately. I also had read about the South side not being the place to go, especially when enrolling to their school.

Luckily for me, my dad didn't hate me that much; I had been enrolled to go to Northside which was the total opposite of Southside.

Even if I lived closer to SouthSide, my dad didn't want me to get a "bad education and especially be surrounded by hooligans". So he had bought me a car of my own, to drive to school and back.

" Get ready for school tomorrow Danny!" I heard my dad holler as I walked into our new home. It was bigger than ours once before; but that's probably most likely due to my dad getting better pay here, and living closer to South Side.
My dad had paid movers to move in our stuff in our home already so we wouldn't have to deal with it.

I then quickly jogged up the stairs, and walked towards my room which was the last door in our hallway. As I opened the white wooden door, and walked into my room I couldn't help but smile. It was the same as back home but it was just re-arranged a bit. My favorite thing about it was most likely the large window by my bed, that made natural light shine through my room.

I could see birds flying and see the forest trees blowing outside. I then happened to notice some grey clouds appearing over the mountains that would most likely come in by tonight.

" You like it Dan?" I heard my dad ask from behind me, almost startling me a bit. I then turn around with a light smile and nod.
" Yeah."

" Good; why don't you say lets go out to eat? I heard from my co-workers that 'Pops' is great." My smile then turned even wider when my dad offered to hangout tonight.

I was almost surprised due to my father not liking eating out, and him always being busy from having to do work at home. My dad and I never were that close. Nope, I've never had that daddy's little girl relationship and it kinda sucks, but I try not to let it show. I was more close with my mother, but not as much now. She feel down the wrong path a few years ago, and I still feel sad when I think about it.

She's currently in rehab with her new boyfriend Tomis. As you may of caught on, she had cheated on my father with Tomis, and started taking drugs. My dad never told me what drugs that she was putting in her system but I'd rather not know anyways.
My dad still cares And loves her; but not romantically as much anymore. He is currently paying from his own pocket to help my mother and her boyfriend out...

" Yeah that sounds great dad."