Late

The news about Archie claiming Guilty yesterday caused him to lose the case, even though he would've lost it anyways in my opinion

The news about Archie claiming Guilty yesterday caused him to lose the case, even though he would've lost it anyways in my opinion. It sucked to see my friend there due to my dad's dirty work with Hiram, but what could I do? The only thing I could manage to do was get Penny's boys in jail, to lay off our redhead for awhile.

"You get no say Grace—just because your daddy runs us, doesn't mean can." Penny tells me sternly, making me raise my brow at the woman.
" You can do this for me, as a returning gift for helping you get my friends to take Hotdog off your hands, and be able chat with you." I tell her knowingly how she works, when it comes for people working for her.
" Ah, see thats were your wrong— You did that to get into the Ghouls,  but then you ended up pointing a gun at me." She points out causing me to scoff.
" I helped you. You would've ended up doing something really stupid to piss off Hiram. And I didn't ask to be apart of your team either." I tell her causing her to lean on the pool table that us Serpents, used to own.

" Danny Grace, nice seeing you again." I heard Malachi say from behind me, but I didn't budge nor look away from Penny. She was clearly not going to budge. So the only way was to basically sell my soul to the devil herself... for Archie's sake. "If you do this then—I will join the Ghoulies, but you have to keep your promise." I tell the woman sternly causing her to smirk. "You'd do anything for your group of Serpents, wouldn't you?" She asks.
" I would do anything for my group of friends." I correct her, even though it meant the same thing for me.  "Fine, but only the redhead." She says causing me to give her a fake smile. I then suddenly feel Malachis arms wrap around my waist, and pull me close to his side.
" Welcome to the Ghoulies." He says while eyeing me down, causing me to shiver beneath his grasp.

I walk back into school with a frown playing along my facial features, while my eyes watched everything around me, due to me having to keep an eye out for my old group of friends. I had eyes constantly watching me everywhere, so I knew I couldn't risk talking with any of them.

While opening up my locker, and placing my books inside, I watch my locker then slam shut in front of me.
"What the hell Danny." I heard causing me to see a concerned & a very upset Toni, eyeing angrily at me. I sigh out in defeat, before trying to walk away.
" Danny, Wait, stop this now!" Toni says before grabbing my arm, and turning me around to face her.
"I can't talk to any of you anymore." I tell her quickly. "Danny—" She begins to say but I interrupt her. "It's not safe." I sternly tell her, before looking over her shoulder noticing Fangs and Sweet pea peering over.
" We can protect you and ourselves from the Ghoulies, just talk to me please." She says causing me to shake my head at the thought, feeling my eyes water at the thought.
" I'm already in too deep, Toni." I tell her before eyeing Sweet pea once more before waking away.

" You know, I'm proud of you." My dad says as he drives me the next morning to school. I look over at my dad in annoyance before looking back outside of the window. "Danny I know this is hard for you, but it will all be worth it in the end." He says as he pulls the car up to my school, where I see Fangs, Sweets, and Toni standing beside the school doors.

" I just wish I didn't have to give them up as friends." I admit as I begin to open my car door, but my dad grabs my arm from stopping me from leaving.
" What?" I ask with a little bit of hope in my voice, that he'd break this one rule for me.
" Penny needs you after school, don't keep her waiting." He says causing me to give him a forced smile before exiting the vehicle, and walking inside the school ignoring my friends.

After school I walked into the student lodge to grab myself a snack, before having to deal with Penny in a couple of hours. I notice Betty and Jughead talking with Ethel from afar, but I choose to ignore them.
I didn't need them to make me late, or question me.

So I hurriedly put my money into the machine, and press two buttons. As I watched my Hot Cheetos drop down from the snack machine, I heard someone holler. I turn seeing Esther having a seizure right in front of Betty and Jughead.

God Damnit.

I immediately grab my chips before anything, and run to aid the girl that was trembling on the floor. As I set my things down, Jughead was already calling the ambulance. Betty looks at me rather confused as I kneeled beside her. My whole attention was on Esther, so i put her on her side, allowing the foam from her mouth to escape, and not choke her.

Well looks like I'm going to be late...

" Can we drop the whole Penny situation right now? What has been happening?" I ask the couple, causing them to sigh in defeat.
" A lot, we aren't exactly sure what is causing all of this." Jughead tells me.
" Yeah & seizures aren't contagious, so why do they keep happening?" Betty asks.

" Look I want to help you guys with investigating, but with this whole situation that I'm stuck in—"
" My dad will help you get out of your situation Danny, he'll know what to do."
"Veronica is in same position as you are, so she can help you out too. You don't have to deal with this alone." Betty tells me causing me to force a smile, and hug the two.

I have great friends.

" Why don't we check on Ben? See how he's doing?" I ask causing them to nod and lead me to his room. But when we open his door we see something that made our skin crawl.

Ben was sitting on the window, half hanging outside, while smiling right over at us. We three freeze in place as if we were afraid if we moved, he would too. We were in the highest floor, and I wondered how no one would've made sure the window was locked...

Betty and Jughead tried to get him to walk away from the window, but Ben was persistent. He said he wanted to be with his friend, that he was too afraid before, but now he wasn't. Then right in front of our eyes, he made himself fall out of the window.

The three of us let out a scream as we look down at the brutal scene. Bens body was laid on a car, and was obviously gone from the looks of it.

Tears escaped my eyes and hands covered my mouth in compete shock. It was completely horrific what the three of us just witnessed. It even threw up more of a red flag to investigate this game that they were playing...