Consequences

I sat down in my usual spot at lunch, whilst scrolling through my phone to learn more about the Serpents

I was intrigued, and I couldn't help myself.

So yes, I indeed looked them up on the internet. I think I should know what they are before I get myself involved with one. It's like going on a tinder date and making sure they aren't a complete psychopath.

So while researching, I had learned that the South Side Serpents are a gang of  dangerous criminals who at times stay in the south side of Riverdale. There is a bar down there where the Serpents hang out, called Whyte Wyrm.

Maybe having a small crush on a Serpent member isn't the greatest?

I sigh and close my phone before taking a sip of my orange juice.
" What's the matter Danny? You sound disappointed." I hear as Betty and her group of friends surround my table. I look up and see there was a new face to my surprise.

" Im Danny Grace." I say smiling while giving him a small wave gesture his way, as he smiles and does the same.
" I'm Kevin Keller." He says as I then look down at my phone before then over Betty.

" I have a question." I say to no one in particular, while fumbling with my fingers.
" Shoot." Jughead says.

" Is it true that Serpents are all criminals?" I ask still interested in the topic of knowing more.

" Yes!"
"Depends."
" Why would you ask that?"

I get all those three question at the same time making me furrow my eyebrows together.

" I'm just curious. I notice there is some that come in the diner that come in once in awhile." I partially lie whilst shrugging my shoulders.
" Look if those thugs ever bother you, threaten you, or do anything to you; just tell me." Archie says rather angry as I notice and then remember his football friends had the same attitude towards them.

" Sweet Pea and his friends don't seem too bad." I say as everyone looked at me if I were stupid.
" You've had a conversation with him?" Archie asks rather betrayed.
" Small talk. I don't know why you are so against them." I say a bit frustrated.
"Northside v.s. Southside, remember that." Archie says before getting up to throw his trash away as I look down at my phone and sigh.

Before I knew it, the day had ended and I was working at Pop's on Saturday early morning. I decided to work overtime, and it seemed so chill, and easy-going that day too. The diner wasn't packed today either, because of how early it was.

Archie and his father decided to come into Pop's and have a cup of coffee while they talked.

I was behind the counter, giving the orders to Pop while filling Archie's father his second cup of coffee. As I gracefully walked over to their table and handed him the cup, I heard the diners front door open. Before I could turn around, Archie's dad immediately stood up.

I then happen to turn around and see a man in a black mask and hoodie walked in with a shot gun.
" Everyone get down!" Archie's father yelled as the hooded man managed to shoot Archie's dad once in the chest or stomach area, and a second time as it shot my shoulder.

I immediately screamed in pain, and watched Archie grab ahold of his dad. Archie's father defiantly did not look good, and was bleeding out a lot.
" Archie drive him to the hospital, he's loosing blood." I manage to tell him while holding onto my hurt shoulder.

As Archie gets his dad out of the diner finally, Pop and another man helped me up from the floor.
" I already called the ambulance." Pop informed me as I nodded and waited for it to arrive.

It felt like a decade until they finally showed up, and drove me to the hospital. Luckily for me, the bullet had went straight threw, so I didn't need surgery. As they helped me out, and rushed me to a room I saw Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Jughead Rush towards me.

" Kids, let us fix her up first. Then you can later ask her multiple questions." The doctor said as he ushered me to the doctors room.

After two hours, I walked out with a some stitches, and a tight wrap around my shoulder. As I entered the waiting room, all my friends got up quickly.
They all couldn't wait to all hug me, and comforted me but all I was really worried about was Archie.

" Is your dad okay?" I ask.
" He's still in surgery, I think he'll be." He tells me as I then hug him.

" Where's my daughter!" I heard someone yell as the nurses rushed to the parent, which I then soon realize to be my dad. Once he saw me he ran over and hugged me.

" You almost gave me a heart attack." He whispers as I hug him back. As I pull away I see Betty's mom, walk up to all of us.

" There isn't any new info, your dads still in surgery, and he'll be there for awhile." Betty's mom informs Archie as Veronica's mother tells Archie to call his mom.

I then watch Betty's mom sigh and look over at Jughead.

" What?" He asks her getting defensive.
"Mom. Do not start this." Betty says shaking her head at her mother as if she was going to blame Jughead for this.
" Start What?" Jughead asks.
" Of course, I couldn't help but wonder if your southside associates had anything to do with what happened with Fred." She says to the boy as her husband calls her down and my eyebrow rises and looks at Juggy.

Jughead is friends with them, or with them?

" At least you can't accuse my father of being the shooter considering he's in jail." Jughead tell her as my mouth drops.
" Oh my god, I can't handle this." Veronica says shifting in her seat, and leaning on Betty's shoulder.

" The kids in the leather jackets? They are what started all of this?" My dad asks Betty's mother, as I shake my head

" We don't know that for sure dad." I say as he looks over at Jughead in angers before grabbing my good arm and pulling me away from my friends.

" Stay away from them for awhile, especially the kid in the beanie till this hooded Asshole is taken care of. If not your going to have consequences." My dad says.

I guess I'll be having those consequences then...