Worst Part

"Danny you didn't have to do all of that

"Danny you didn't have to do all of that." Veronica tells me making me shake my head slightly. I just told Veronica about why I was being involved with the Ghoulies in the first place. When I decided to help out her redhead boyfriend in jail, I didn't bother the consequences. Archie was one of my friends so I didn't care of all the hassle.
" I wanted to do it, don't worry about it. Although, I don't know if Archie's completely safe." I tell her in honesty while sipping my beverage that Reggie made me behind the bar.
"What do you mean?" She asks making her eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

"When I was locked up against my will, I had heard some Ghoulies talk about some fighting club." I tell the girl causing her mind to being to wonder, before eyeing me determinedly.
" Thank you Danny, really, I appreciate it. I'll go do some digging." She says patting my palm that was placed on the counter, before walking off.

My eyes began wondering Veronica's club, while watching many familiar faces having a blast on the dance floor. My eyes met a dancing Sweetpea and Josie, making my heart dip in sadness.
Then out of nowhere, I felt a small hand place on my shoulder, causing me to turn to see Toni and Cheryl.
"Want us to take you to your new home?" Toni asks while smiling at me, causing me to do as well.
" Of course." I say as Cheryl hands me her palm, making me take her hand in mine, along with Toni's.

Once we walked in our heels to the new Serpent Territory, the girls lead me to a random small tent.
"It's not the greatest, but it's the best we've got." Toni tells me making me smile again at the two.
"No, it's perfect—Uh, but who are my neighbors?" I ask the girls who looked at one another a bit worriedly. Before they could respond, I heard two loud male voices laughing from afar, causing me to turn.

I then notice Fangs and Sweets laughing at pushing one another, while walking in our direction. Once they met eyes with the three of us, their smiles faded.

Most likely because of my presence....

"Uh, Danny What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be back home at this hour?" Fangs asks rather confused, while Sweets eyes me with caution.
" This place is my home for now, well until my dad allows me back home in his house." I say emphasizing 'his' in the sentence, making Fangs nod in acknowledgment.

"What about your mom and her boyfriend?" Sweets asks clearly interested.
" Uh, they aren't in town anymore—it's a long story." I say before looking down at the ground in disappointment. I didn't even know if they were even still alive if we are completely honest...

"Well since Sweet Pea and Fangs are your new neighbors, you all can catch up." Cheryl says clapping her hands together eyeing us. The three of us give the exact same expression, and that was shock. Sweets and I's expression  was obvious, but Fangs was most likely scared for slumber it well-being.

"Aren't there any tents near you Toni? Or any other girls?" I ask clearly not liking the idea of my sleeping arrangement.
" No, there isn't. But don't worry about these two, they'll protect you from any tent intruders." Cheryl tells me, making me sigh in disappointment.
"Now, Toni and I will be off in her tent cuddling. And make sure there's no arguing, there's other Serpents around." Cheryl says before pulling Toni away who was mouthing, 'I'm sorry'.

This then left us three standing in awkward silence, causing Fangs to first speak up.
"Uh, well, I'm going to head to bed early; Night guys." He says awkwardly before entering the tent beside me, leaving SP and I standing in front of each other.

"I don't want things to be awkward between us. And uh, I get it of your girlfriend doesn't want me talking to you anymore. But I just don't —"

"Josie isn't my girlfriend— It was just..." he says interrupting me before thinking of a correct label for their relationship.
" A summer fling? Friends with benefits?" I ask giving examples of the relationship, causing  him to shrug. "Yeah." He states looking down almost in disappointment, making my heart drop.
"But you want it to be more." I state making him look up at me with his chocolate eyes that I still love so desperately.
"I wanted it to be, but I'm not so sure anymore." He states causing my heart to dip in sadness, before making me hold back the tears that wanted to show.

"Why not?" I ask while crossing my arms together to create heat as the cold wind blows on my exposed skin. Sweet Pea just says nothing and looks at me as if he's trying to tell me through his eyes.
"Don't... just... please don't let me get in the way of you both." I tell the boy shutting my eyes in frustration, as it took me forever to finish my sentence.

"Danny—" he begins to say but I ignore him and turn to unzip my tent. Although halfway, Sweet pea stops me from doing so by grabbing ahold of me.
"No matter what happened with Josie last summer, my feelings for you still haven't changed. I was lost without you—" he begins making me interrupt the boy in anger that I was trying to hold back.

"I was forced away to Italy because my dad wanted me away from you and everybody here. My dad sent my mom and Tomis away, without any goodbye. I couldn't communicate with anyone besides my dad. So I was also lost, but here's the different Sweet Pea, I was the one who stayed faithful." I spat before removing my arm from his grasp, causing him to give me his sad puppy eyes.

"No matter how much my dad wants us apart, I will rebel. No matter how much I hate you, I need you." I tell the boy with tears desperately wanting to fall, as I also watch Sweets sadly eye me.

" And the worst part of all of this is that... I still love you." I add as my tears had finally fell on my cheek, causing Sweets to devour me into a warm bear hug. As I felt his large hands pull me closer to his chest, my tears began to stain his shirt. I then felt his wet lips touch my forehead, and place a lovingly kiss.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." he whispers before holding me tight into his chest.