Mafia

Of course the day that I want to relax in my room for once, my mom gets sick and I have to take over her shift since Pop's

Of course the day that I want to relax in my room for once, my mom gets sick and I have to take over her shift since Pop's. My mom told me it will be rented out by important people today, and to be on good behavior for Pop's sake.

Once arriving, I enter the building seeing the place completely empty, besides Archie setting up a table while Pop's is in the back cooking. Once the door closes, it Chungs making Archie turn around.
" Hey Arch." I say as I walk over to clock in.

I heard from Betty that Archie was working rather hard to get on Mr. Lodges good side in order to stay with Veronica. I felt bad for the kid but then again he signed up for it.

I then walk into the kitchen to say hello to my favorite person that works here, Mr. Pop himself.

" Filling in for my Mom." I say, as I watch the man turn and immediately smile of pure happiness.
" Danny! It's nice to see you again!" He says as he walks over to hug me.
" Same here." I say as I pull away from the hug and start to pull my long hair into a pony tail.
" So who's renting out the place?" I ask curious as I then hear the door Ching open, making me turn to see old men with Veronicas father.

" Lodge business." Pop says in a clear bored tone filled with annoyance which told me he wasn't rather happy about it.

As Pop and I walk out of the kitchen, he puts on a fair smile and introduces himself. The men were quite rude and ignored the old man while Mr. Lodge just patted his back.

While Pop cooked some Poutine, and Archie was waitressing, I was sweeping the floor and cleaning the back booths. The men were all chatting and laughing while playing poker, whilst smoking heavy cigars.

Let's just say that I would most likely get 2nd hand smoking, just from being in this place for a couple of hours.

" This kid got hustle." One man speaks while Archie gets the mans cigar ready for him, causing me to roll my eyes a bit while re-filling the napkin holders.
" Whats your name, Red." He asks Archie.
" Archie Andrews." He hesitantly says a bit as Mr.Lodge then introduces to the boy to the man named Lenny Kowalski. They go on saying how they met in Chicago, and how Lenny's nickname was the 'Butcher'.

This caused me to smirk a bit once I saw Archie's scared shirtless face, but the other man reassures that he was just pulling Archie's leg a bit. From what I'm getting, is that these men worked with Mr.Lodge but I was praying not with my father. My dad was defiantly a business man, and my grandfather Nicholas taught my father everything he knew about it. But should I also mention my grandfather worked with the Mafia. Half of my family was with the Mafia but my dad had to bust his ass to get out of the situation, because of how dangerous it was. I'm just hoping he's not back working with gangsters again.

I then picked up my cleaning supplies and put them back in the closet, before bringing Archie more whiskey and cigars since we were already running low.

" Thanks." Archie says as I nod and watch him quickly place the items on the stand up bar, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

Was he thar worried he was going to make a mistake?

" Hey kid, what's your name again?" The other man asks causing Archie and I to look up at one another and then them.

" Archie, Archie Andrews." He says to the man as I watch Mr. Lodge sit with a scowl on his face getting ready to listen to the old mans bickering.
" Andrews, right. Hiram didn't your wife know a guy named Andrews?" The old man ask making my eyebrow raise at the tea that was just spilled all over. I watch the young redhead then look over rather interested in the conversation.
" Yeah, She does. Fred Andrews is one of our business associates." Hiram tells the man nodding.
" Is that your decision to make him a partner or hers?" The old man adds curiously causing my lips to go in a straight line, as I watch Hiram just stare at the man.

I then watch Pop bring the plates of Poutine to the poker table, while I then walk off to go get some napkins for the men. When walking back I see the old man spit out the food.
" What the hell is this? These are cheese curds, I ordered Poutine. This is vomit. You own this dump?" The man tells everyone around the table clearly angry about the food, while looking up at a upset Pop.

I knew old people were picky and stubborn but this? This was just over the top and I felt like sassing this old man out for even talking bad about Pops food.

" No I own it, Now apologize." Mr. Lodge tells the old man.
" Apologize for what?" The old man asks causing me to cross my arms and stare at the man impatiently. I then felt Archie nudge me and shake his head a bit, telling me to not comment.
" For disrespecting Pop." Veronica's dad tells the man.
" I'm going to get some fresh air, this place is a dive." The old man says before getting up and walking past me.

" Wonder who makes it like that." I comment quietly as I watch the old man exit the restaurant. I then watch Mr. Lodge and Archie look at me, as if warning me to shut my trap.
" What? It's the truth." I say defending myself.
" Sorry Pop, if you excuse my guest lack of social graces." Hiram tells Pop but he just walks back into the kitchen clearly upset.

" Toilets clogged." The bodyguard tells us both, causing me to take two step backwards.
" That one is on you." I tell Archie before grabbing the old mans Poutine that was laying on the table and throwing it away for him, while Archie walks off to the restroom.

As I walk passed the bathroom, I then feel someone grab my arm and pull me in. I then look up at Archie as if he were crazy, but he then tells me to be quiet and points to the window.

I then heard the ass of a grandpa taking with someone outside.
" This is our chance Lenny." He tells his friend.
" You think he should be removed?" his friend asks the old man.
" Right after his daughters confrontation— I'll do it myself." He says causing me to look at Archie in shock.

What the hell is going on?!