Eviction Notice

An: short chapter sorry🙁

After school, I headed to Sweets basketball practice because I felt like he would be confused about if I was still coming to his place after our conversation

As I enter the gym, I saw Sweets and the rest of the basketball boys shooting hoops. As the door shut, it caught some boy's attention and made them look over noticing me but Sweets seemed to be to so involved in shooting that he hadn't realized yet.

As I walked over, the boys looked over confused and interested, especially Reggie.
" What's up Danny." Reggie announces while dragging my name out, allowing the gym to echo a bit. I roll my eyes and pass the jock ignoring him completely as I watch Sweets turn around and look rather shocked to see me.

" Are we still up to hang out after practice?" I ask Sweets in a low voice so Reggie couldn't tease or annoy us.
" But you said-"
" I know what I said, but that doesn't mean we can't hangout as friends." I say as he just smiles and nods.
" Ill wait out here then." I tell the boy as I turn around and walk to the familiar bleachers and sit down watching them practice.

Two hours had passed and I had texted my mom I would be at "Toni's" So there would be no questions asked at how late I'll be getting home later today. Thankfully she accepted it and there were no questions asked.

It was now around five and Sweets finally got out of the locker room, and started to head over in my direction. I then stood up, and swung my backpack on as I met by his side as we walked to his bike.

Thankfully my mom needed my car today so I didn't have to leave it here.

" I don't have a helmet so your going to need to hold on." Sweets tells me with a smirk as I shake my head.
" Alright but just don't get us killed." I add as he rolls his eyes and get s on his bike.

——

As we reach the trailer park there seemed to be quite a commotion going on and I couldn't seem to ignore Sheriff Keller putting papers on people's doors.

As we noticed Jughead getting off his bike near his home, Sheriff Keller was heading in that same direction. As Sweets pulls up to see what's going on, and then get off the bike, Jughead turns and nods acknowledging us both.

" Sheriff Keller we're going to have to stop meeting like this." Jughead says to the man as he staples the paper to his trailer door.
" Wheres your dad at?" Keller asks the boy, clearly not happy to see the younger Jones.
" At his shift at Pop's; why?" Jughead asks.
" It's an eviction notice.  You, you're dad, and pretty much everyone in this place. You all have to clear out." Sheriff tells Jughead causing me to look up at Sweets in shock.

This wasn't legal right? Where would they all go?

" Don't tell me it's because of that statue." Jughead asks the sheriff clearly annoyed and pissed. Once the Sheriff doesn't give us an answer and just a stare, we got the answer.
" For the millionth time Sheriff, we didn't decaputate  General Pickens! And you can't use that as an excuse to evict all of them." I say rather angrily causing the older man to sigh in defeat.
" Look I'm just the messager here, alright? This order comes from the Mayors office. Apparently there's a letter back lash here; you have fourteen days to vacate. Then while you're packing you might come across that head to calm the waters a little." Sheriff says as he walks off past us.

I then watch Sweets kick some dirt on the floor because of how frustrated and rather angry he was.

Let's just say I didn't get to hangout with Sweets after Sheriff Keller had spread the news about the eviction that night. Sweets was fussy about the whole situation like the others, which  I understood completely. Sweets kinda stormed off and left me with Jughead. All I could do was text him that I would everyone else out by talking to my dad about the whole situation, and also remind him he has a place to stay at mine if he couldn't find a place if they did get evicted.