Im Fine

Jughead, Veronica, Betty, and Archie were all leaving town to spend a couple of days to have a couples thing

Jughead, Veronica, Betty, and Archie were all leaving town to spend a couple of days to have a couples thing. Clearly I wasn't invited, but I really didn't care. I knew that that trip was just so they all four could spend more with one another and be able to have more "private time" with their significant other.

During the time they were all on couples vacation, I was spending time with my mom and hanging out with Chic.

Chic and I had decided to go to the movie theaters, and watch this new film called "Love Simon". Betty and I were supposed to watch it when it came out but she must of forgot, so I thought let's just go se it with her brother instead.

It seemed as everyone in Riverdale were all here. While Chic and I were currently in line to order our popcorn, my eyes wondered off in the crowd.

I saw Cheryl and Toni chatting civilly along, along with Kevin and Josie. They all seemed to have a smile on their faces, which brought one on mine. Well, until I saw Sweets chatting or more like with another girl.

I felt my heart drop a bit, only to then make quick eye contact before I quickly looked away. I tried to focus my attention back onto the flatscreen menu that would change every few minutes.

I wouldn't be lying if I told you that I missed hanging out with Sweets, and it not being awkward. But I knew that this is what I wanted, and what I asked for.

A break.
But I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous.

" You alright?" I heard Chic whisper over to me worriedly before looking over to where I was looking before.
" Yeah don't worry." I say brushing it off as much as I could, as we we're the next few people in line to move up to the food stand to order our food.

As we entered the assigned theater, I then took a seat beside Josie and gave her a small smile before turning over to show him my reassuring smile.
" Thanks for coming." I whispered as I took a price of popcorn and put it in my mouth.
" Of course, thanks for inviting me." He says smiling back as I then watch a few more people take their seats.

As the movie began to play I saw Sweets holding the girls hand as the both giggled their way to find seats causing me to roll my eyes, whilst low key glaring.
" Is that him?" I heard Chic whisper to me near my ear. Obviously Chic knew about Sweets since he hanged out a lot, and I don't think Chic is much of a fan either. So I tried to explain to him that Sweets wasn't a bad guy, he was just tuff to handle at times. I then took a good look at Sweets before forcing a smile on my face, before turning to Chic.
" Yeah." I say before looking back over to the screen while I leaned my head onto Chic shoulder.

After the movie, Chic and I were chatting about how great of a movie it was, whilst kinda spoiling it for the others waiting to go see it after us.

As we started walking to my car I saw Sweets full-on making out with the girl that he was on a date with. He was sitting on the bike while she basically straddled his tall body almost making me roll my eyes before grabbing Chic's hand and pulling him to my car faster while he gave the couple a death glare.

As we entered my car I tried to hold back any tears or faces that would indicate that I still had feelings for the boy.

" You aren't okay." Chic states.
" I'm fine." I tell the blonde boy in a raised/stern voice, which made Chic surprised or maybe even appalled that I raised my voice at him. I didn't bother even apologizing because of I did I would break, and I didn't want to break.

I then started the car, and drove off past the sickening couple.