1. I like your shoes

Adonis »

I sat in the back of the class, listening to the couple in front of me flirt with each other. I don't understand Forest and Ayanna, they used to pretend to be mean to each other, now they're all in each others face. Why would you want do date someone who called you "big head" almost everyday? He'd even argued with his best friend Trey over who could date her.

I don't know, but now they're obsessed with each other. To me it didn't make sense.

A lot of shit don't make sense.

"Psst Adonis!" The girl behind me, Farrah whispered. Her friends laughed, which I think means she was going to make fun of me.

I ignored her and pulled my hood down. I placed my hands in the front pocket and felt around, both of the pills I'd promised my mother I took were still sitting in there. It was rare I'd skip out on taking them..but I was in a big rush to leave the house this morning and I guess I just forgot.

"Adonis!" Farrah whispered again. Her friends began chuckling, but this time she shushed them.

I reluctantly turned around to face her.

"I like your shoes." She said smiling.

I couldn't see through it, did she really like my shoes? Or was she being sarcastic like people tend to do? Ive learned the hard way that you have to be able to tell the difference. When I was in middle school a kid told me that he "liked my haircut" but when I said thank you everyone laughed.

I looked down at my dirty white adidas, then back at her.

I didn't know what to say, so I turned back around and pushed my hood even further down on my head.

"Damn you coulda said thank you." One of her friends said.

She meant it. Now I look like a jerk.

Farrah»

Class was as boring as ever. It was the last week before winter break and I'm so ready to leave. Melanie and Skylar were keeping me entertained, but even their antics couldn't save me from this never ending class.

I couldn't help but notice Adonis, in front of me, watching the power couple Forest and Ayanna talk to each other. He was extremely quiet, and honestly a little on the weird side but I didn't mind talking to him. That is, when he'd respond. Mel and Sky insist that he's "a lil off".

I noticed he was wearing a pair of white adidas, similar to ones that my brother had..cute.

"Psst Adonis!" I whisper yelled to him. Melanie and Skylar began laughing, assuming I was about to play some type of joke.

Adonis ignored me and shifted in his seat.

No worries, I'll just try again.

"Adonis!" I said a little louder this time. Melanie and Skylar began snickering once again.

"Y'all hush, damn." I told them.

Adonis turned around slowly. Usually he had on some type of hat hiding his face, but some days he'd go without it. I enjoyed those days. Not even gonna lie, he's not a bad looking guy, then again maybe I'm saying that because of how much he resembles his brother...Eden.

"I like your shoes." I told him. He looked down at his shoes, then at me.

So cute.

He shyly turned back around and pulled down his hood on the black hoodie he was wearing. Adonis is so different from Eden. Adonis was quiet and shy, Eden wasn't. Adonis had one friend he hung out with, Eden probably had ten times the friends I did. I didn't think two brothers so close in age could be so different, with Adonis and I being juniors, and Eden being a senior.