23. Breathe

Adonis »

"You...do? You have it too?"

"I do..I've never met someone who experienced the same thing."

"I haven't either. Farrah..I was so afraid to tell you because I was worried you'd think I was weird or unable to be in a relationship."

"No no, I don't think that at all."

"I know I- I feel a lot better. Since...you know what it feels like."

This was a weight lifted off of my shoulders. This was the first time I'd told anyone, the last thing I expected to hear was she knew exactly what I was going through.

After talking a bit more about it, she suggested we head back to the train station.

"You know, you never really told me about your date with Ivy."

"It was bad.."

"Everyone has bad dates." She laughed.

"Very bad. She just wanted to have sex, and I didn't."

"So you left her?"

"She left me. She said cause I didn't wanna have sex with her, I must be gay."

"What a dumbass." She rolled her eyes.

"But it's okay..I've forgotten all about it, there's plenty better things to think about."

"You're right about that..." She smiled.

She started to say something, but stopped herself. 

"Adonis..I just thinking...would you maybe want to come over to my house? Sometime after school this week? Just to hang out? I won't try anything on you." She chuckled.

It would have been easiest to say no, that way I wouldn't have to worry about making myself seem normal in front of multiple people. But it was hard to say no to her, seeing how nervous she was to ask.

"Oh..yeah. Definitely."

"I'm sure my mom would love to meet you, she'd like to see me have a good influence."

"That sounds nice. My mom uh..doesn't like you."

"Yeah..I figured that, you know, since she told you to block my number." She said, not really sounding like she cared much.

"Oh...yeah."

Farrah »

After a lengthy train ride, we made it back to the station. A successful date with Adonis. No awkward silence, no panics, just a nice time.

I never intended on sharing the things I shared with him...I never intended on sharing that with anyone. But when he told me he had the same thing, it just came out.

A lot of times it's hard to understand Adonis, but today..it felt like we were the same person.

"If you're not down that's fine, just don't flake on me. I'd really love for you to meet my parents. They're kind of lame...but it'd be nice for you to visit."

"I won't Farrah. I'd like to meet them. I'm just kind of nervous. I don't want your mom to think I'm....weird."

"They're as weird as they come, so they have no room to talk. I'm not tryna throw you into an awkward dinner with them or anything. You can just meet them, then we go to my room."

"Oh..cool. And then..?"

"And then...watch a movie or something. Unless you wanted to do something else?" I chuckled.