44. Emotions

can't believe it's been a week since the last update. Y'all still fwm?🥺

*trigger warning: in this chapter, Eden shares some negative feelings from his past. This deals with some touchy subjects so read with caution.*

Flashback / Adonis is twelve

"I'm picking you up Sunday, Adonis...don't forget your medicine. Okay?" Sade told her children, who were being dropped off at their father's house for the weekend.

Eden, 13, was annoyed to be at his fathers small apartment. But Adonis was excited..seeing his dad was the highlight of his week.

Grabbing their bags, they headed up to the apartment.

Adonis smiled to himself, overjoyed to finally see his father.

Eden used his key, opening the door. Instead of being greeted by their dad as usual, there was a piece of paper lying on the ground.

Adonis reached down, but Eden grabbed it first.

"Where's dad?" Adonis asked his older brother.

It was rare Ellis didn't greet his kids at the front door, if not that, he'd at least be sitting on the couch watching hockey.

"Where's dad?" Adonis repeated, not getting a response from Eden— whose eyes were fixed on the paper.

Without saying anything, Eden walked down the hall.

Adonis began to follow him, before being stopped by his brother.

"Just stay here for a minute, okay?"

Adonis was confused. He didn't know the content of the paper off the ground, but Eden seemed concerned.

He knew to listen. So he stayed in the living room.

It was only when he heard the deafening shriek of his brother, he knew something was wrong.

Adonis vividly remembers hearing the shriek.

Eden, vividly remembers seeing his father's body on the bathroom floor.

-present day-

Adonis»

"You okay man?" Eden finally spoke up, now that it was just him and in the car.

It was obvious he was trying to make me feel better, but past that I felt like their was something else. Something clouding his mind.

"I'm fine. I was fine at the party too.."

"I don't mean to treat you like a kid..I just wanna keep you safe."

"I can keep myself safe."

The car grew quiet once again.

"You drunk a lot..you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine, Eden."

"I'm sorry. I know it's annoying man, I'm just making sure you're alright..on the inside. Inside your mind, you know?"

I stayed quiet.

He didn't say anything else, but I felt my phone vibrate next to me.

Farrah:
hope you and her had a nice time.

?

The text was seemed positive..but I get the feeling she didn't mean it in a positive way.

Dana and I were just joking around and taking pictures. That wouldn't upset Farrah, right?