5. American Oven

Adonis

Journal Entry #1 - December 19

I have two answers for the things Farrah asks me. One answer I that comes to me in my head, and one I say aloud. They often differ dramatically.

"Basically, She only talked to me..because she confused me with Eden."

We'd been talking for around an hour, I'd never kept up a conversation for that long, even though she was doing the most talking. However, she'd convinced me to tell her about different experiences in my life. Uncomfortable, yes. But she seemed to enjoy it..which is good.

"I'm sorry Adonis. You deserve better."

I think that sometimes. But other times I think things are the way they are for a reason. I know that Eden has a fragile ego that he fuels with girls, if he didn't have them who knows what he'd be like.

"To..to be honest with you Farrah, I thought you were interested in Eden." I confessed.

"No..no." She said chuckling.

The room grew quiet, that'd happen every so often, but she'd start another conversation.

"So...you have a little sister. I've always wanted one."

"She's a lot to handle."

"Yeah little kids are usually that way. She's adorable though, you've got a great family. Are you guys close?" She asked.

"I'm close with Noel, Noel is close with my mom too, Eden is close with...himself. He's never really home." I told her. The dynamic of an household was a weird thing to discuss..but she's just a curious person I guess.

"Don't you guys ever spend time all together?"

Why would we wanna do that?

"Not really."

Farrah

There are a lot of differences between Adonis and I, then again..a lot of similarities. His dad passed away, and so did mine..well my biological one anyway.

But before I knew it, it was 12. I cursed to myself, the restaurant is closing, and my mom will be home. She'll fucking kill me.

"Shit Adonis, my mom is getting off work..I need an excuse. Could you help me out?"

He looked nervous and reluctant. "Please?" I smiled.

"O-ok. What should I do?"

"Just follow my lead." I said calling my mom and putting it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mom..I'm gonna be honest, Braheim made me super mad earlier, I decided to come to stay with Skylar for the night is that okay?" I asked her.

"I don't know..I get your brother can be annoying, but you should address the problem in a peaceful way rather than running away-"

I knew she'd give me that answer.

"I know I know it was just too much to handle though Mom. Can I stay please?"

"Can I speak to her parent?" She asked sternly.

I slid the phone over to a panicked Adonis. It's okay, it's fine I mouthed to him as he continued to shake is head.

"Uh hello?" My mother said.

"Uh yes..this is..Skylar's father." He said, looking at me and laughing a bit.

He never laughs.

"Hi Mr. Daniels, just making sure Farrah had your permission to stay over..you know how teens can be." My Mom said laughing.

"Yeah I know. These teens are something else." He told her.

I can't believe this is actually working. And innocent old Adonis looks like he's enjoying him self.

"Haha alright Mr. Daniels, you have a blessed night." My Mom said, bringing the short conversation to my end. I smiled to myself, that was easier than I thought.

"You do the same." He said, hanging up the phone.

"Good job, you were a natural." I told him as I stretched out on his bed.

"You think so? I've never done anything like that before..ever."

Adonis

"Now what?" Farrah asked, putting her hand on my hand.

My heart stopped for a second.

"What do you mean..?"

"What do you wanna do now? I'm not tired, I hope you're not either."

"No I'm not tired." I lied to her. I'm usually long sleep by now, but she'd made it seem like the night was just getting started.

"Let's cook something. What's in your kitchen?" She asked, getting out of the bed and standing in front of me.

My eyes trailed upward from her feet to her face.

"I don't know...eggs maybe."

She looks dissatisfied with that answer.

"Well come on, let's go look." She said, gesturing me to follow her downstairs.

We went into the kitchen, which was quite warm due to Eden blasting the heat before he left.

I opened the refrigerator and pulled out a pack of chocolate chip cookies, before looking to Farrah for approval.

"Perfect!" She said taking the cookies from my hand. "The instructions say..preheat the oven to 350 degrees."

That's weird.

"Hey..Farrah?" I said as I turned the oven on to the correct degree.

"Yeah?" She responded.

"How come we use Celsius, but the oven uses Fahrenheit?"

She put the cookies down for a second and placed her hands on her hips.

"Hm. Maybe our ovens are from America."

Braheim »

"So let me get this straight..she called you, told you she was sleeping at a friends house, and that's all?"

"For the fifth time Braheim. THAT'S ALL!" My Mom began to grow frustrated.

I couldn't be too careful with Farrah. She's the only one who saw me with Skylar, and I was 99% sure she was gonna snitch. But I guess not.

"But she did tell me the reason she didn't want to stay at home was because she had a falling out with you. What happened?"

"She was just tripping. Guess it's that time of the month..."

a/n:
no but really..why do Canadian ovens use Fahrenheit? does anyone know? lol

Now that's a quick update, but I'm updating again in a day or so. I'm starting school back D:

Adonis' journal entries will probably be at the beginning of every chapter. I want this to be as omniscient as possible