38. Sidechick

I was tryna drop hints as to who's who, but that hasn't been working and I don't wanna restrict their characters, sooo let's put the top/bottom debate to rest:

they take turns.
-

Adonis »

Later that night, I heard a soft knock on my door, making me sit up.

"Adonis?" I heard my mom say, before opening my door.

"Yeah?"

"Did you...know about Eden?"

"What about him?"

"The boyfriend. Did you know?"

"Yeah, he's great. Nicer than any girlfriends he's ever had." I shrugged.

"I- I can't believe it. Is there anything else I should know? Since it's clear everyone in this house just does whatever they want."

"No."

"Is Eden having sex with that...boy?" she struggled to say.

"I don't know."

I know that he is, but I also know from talking to Eden..the things I should say, and the things I shouldn't.

-

Farrah »

Sunday went by quick, with me talking on the phone with Adonis almost all day.

When I got into class that Monday morning, I noticed Adonis in his chair slumped down.

"Good morning." I said, causing him to sit up.

"Farrah..good morning." He smiled

"You alright?" I said, sitting next to him.

"I'm a little tired." He chuckled.

"I guess we were up kind of late."

Once the rest of the class flooded in, my teacher took role, and the room began to quiet down.

"Okay class, settle down. Today, I want to try something new. I will be drawing three names, and those students will share something from their notebook in front of the class."

Adonis shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

The class murmured in annoyance at the fact that we had to actually read what we write in front of the class.

"Yeah yeah. This is creative writing, it's meant to be shared with the world." She said, grabbing a jar of popsicle sticks off her desk.

"So, we will be hearing from...Quentin....Crystal...and..Adonis."

There were a few snickers from the back of the class, making Adonis tense up.

"You'll be okay." I whispered to him.

First, Quentin went up to read.

"I'm Quentin, today imma be reading a poem I wrote. It's called, My Sidechick ."

A few kids laughed, causing my teacher to roll her eyes.

He recited the lengthy poem, before being excused to his seat.

"Alright, Crystal you're up."

"Farrah..I don't know what I'm gonna read." Adonis whispered to me, as Crystal began reading her piece.

"A poem, one of your stories...anything you want."

"I don't think I can do it." He said, rubbing his face.