7. Facetime

December 23

It seems like we're a little late decorations for Christmas, but that doesn't stop Noel and my mom from singing all the Christmas songs known to man.

My mom used to always slip me an extra present when Eden wasn't looking..and I always felt guilty..even though the rest of our family sort of forgot that he wasn't my mom's only son. He and Noel are the only ones who get presents from our extended family..even still he gets mad when he finds out about the extra one my mom had given me. I understand that I guess.

Adonis »

I woke up with the familiar feeling of swollen, sore eyes. I had a couple missed calls from Farrah, I'd I told her I'd talk to her last night, but with everything that happened it slipped my mind completely.

I went into my bathroom and took my pills with sink water, before brushing my teeth and rising off my face.

There was a knock on my door, making me stick my head out of my bathroom.

Eden.

"Mom has me here all week, don't think you're safe for hitting me. You're lucky I didn't tell her you had a girl in the house."

"You have girls all the time-"

"What did I say about all that running of your mouth, Adonis?"

"I'm sorry." I said lowering my voice. I don't know what had possessed me to act like that around Eden yesterday, I know my place and that surely wasn't it.

He nodded his head and returned to his room. I decided to take my phone off the dresser and text Farrah, I thought about calling her..but decided against it.

Me:
Sorry about last night, I kind of got into a fight with Eden

Farrah
Wait like a fight fight? ??

Kind of

Farrah
Adonis 🤦🏽‍♀️you're better than that!!

I read that message a few times. What does she see in me that could be possibly better than anything? Before I allowed my ego to be stroked I remembered what Eden told me. I'm the same guy I always was. What's the point of acting differently?

I was just being stupid.

Farrah
It happens to the best of us, I'm currently going through it with my brother too. But that's a whole nother thing 🙄

I hope my lack of emojis or punctuation doesn't make me come off as bored or uninteresting. Maybe I should give it a try.

It's alright though. I'm feeling better today! 😃

That's not over the top, it's it? I don't know.

Farrah
Lol I'm glad you're feeling better. can I FaceTime you in a minute?

Sure 🙂😆😁

I figured if we were doing a FaceTime call, I should probably make myself look presentable. I slipped on a shirt and looked at myself in the mirror, everyday I see more and more of my dad. That makes my mom sad, but it makes me happy. I loved my dad. And he made everyone happy when he was around, maybe I'll be like that one day.