18. Pineapples

Journal #i forgot
I can't even be upset about Eden & Farrah. I can't be surprised. It happens every time. whatever with Eden and whatever with Farrah too.

Adonis

The rest of the week flew by, with me talking to Farrah a little less than before. I'm not upset with her, I just feel weird now. Eden goes on and on about the things they're gonna do after that party, and it makes my stomach hurt.

At least my date is today, with some help from the internet i've been making conversation with Ivy. We talk about things like school, home, siblings, things like that. I found it easier to be able to talk to her after talking to Farrah for that time.

Ivy did still confuse me at times. Her dialect is much different than Farrah's, but maybe that's because she's from another part of the city.

Every so often she'd mention how she hopes I've been eating pineapples. To me, that's kind of random. But maybe she prefers a healthy guy.

I don't want to disappoint my first date, so I've been eating pineapples all week.

It was currently 6, and my date was at 8. Maybe I should text her?

me: hi Ivy. Will we still be meeting tonight?

Ivy: cant wait 😩💦

Wow. I guess she's so nervous she's sweating.

Farrah»

Adonis has distanced himself from me. He knows that I like him. He has to. That's the only reason he'd have not to want to talk to me anymore. No texts. Nothing. When I speak to him in class our conversations are brief, reminiscent of the ones we shared at the beginning of the year.

It hurts. Bad.

His date was tonight. I was nervous for him considering he had no assistance on what to say or how to act. He was going in blind.

But I wasn't gonna offer my help unless he asked. I'm not gonna over step anymore.

I couldn't help but let him pass my mind while I was doing my makeup for this party. I just want him to have a nice time.

My phone suddenly vibrated on the sink counter making me pick it up.

Eden:
You bout ready? Send me the address when you are.

I did the last touches on my makeup and took a step back. After debating with my mom, I decided on a long sleeved black bodysuit, a corduroy skirt with thigh highs boots.

I texted Eden the address, before grabbing my purse and going downstairs.

"Where you think you're going?" Braheim sakd, glancing at me coming down the stairs.

"Party with Eden. Mind your business." I said taking a seat on the couch to wait.

"Damn you just can't decide which one of them boys you want huh?"

"The one I want doesn't want me. This one here is just giving me a ride."

"Don't do nothing stupid Farrah. You have the tendency to do that."

"It's just a party get off my dick." I told him, staring down at my phone.

I have to say something to him. Anything.

Me:
Hey Adonis. Hope your date is going well! Has your mom dropped you off yet? :)

I set my phone down, not expecting a response but a notification appeared on my screen making me grab it quickly.