37. Comfortable

my books are usually projected to have fifty chapters. we are already approaching 40...I think this will be a lil longer 🤦🏽‍♀️💀

Adonis»

I woke up from my peaceful nap hearing yelling downstairs.

"I should've known! God why couldn't I have just one normal son?!"

??

"There's nothing wrong with me or Adonis! Why can't you see that?"

There was more screaming, before I heard the door slam, and footsteps coming to the stairs.

Eden rushed in my room, closing the door behind him.

"W-What happened?"

"Well we were arguing...and I told her about Adam. She's pissed obviously, but honestly Don? I don't even care. Shit, it's a big ass weight off my shoulders. Pretending gets exhausting as hell."

"Where is she now?"

"She just left out. I don't know where she's going..don't really care either."

"Maybe she just needs time to calm down?"

"Whatever. I'm not gonna let her drive me crazy...I can't let her fuck my mind up. That's what she did to Dad. And now...."

"Yeah..."

"I'll be out of here soon, so fuck it. Adam and I are tryna go to university together. Once I'm out of here, I'm not looking back."

"Mom won't stay mad forever, Eden."

"She might."

"If she tells you to stop talking to Adam-"

"That's not an option. I'm not gonna stop talking to him, I'm not gonna stop seeing him, none of that. He's my best friend."

Farrah»

As Adam got closer to my house, I politely asked him to drop me off at the park near house and allow me to walk the rest of the way. If possible, I wanted to avoid my parents or Braheim seeing me get out of the car with a guy.

"You want me to at least walk you to your neighborhood?"

"You don't have to..."

"I insist. Besides, that guy over there looks kind of sketchy." He said, gesturing to a guy who was walking along the sidewalk.

He parked his car, and we both got out.

"So, what is it you and Eden were arguing about?" I asked him as we walked down the path to get to my house.

"We went to a party last night, and he was there dancing and being nasty with some girl. So I was annoyed and got really drunk. I wish he would stop giving all this attention to these girls, it's like I'm just a secret."

"That's a lot to ask, though. You know him..."

"Yeah I know. I just know how much happier he'd be if everything didn't have to be a so sneaky. Then again, I'm only out to my mom."

"How'd that go?"

"Better than expected." He smiled.

As we got closer to the 'sketchy' guy..he began to look familiar.

"Hey..I know that guy." I said to Adam quietly.

"You do? From where?"

"From school. It's-....ugh."

"Farrah? Nice seeing you. Who's your friend..?" Keith said, approaching Adam and I.

"Fuck you." I said plainly.