Epilogue: 5 years later

"I don't know Don, a teenager?" Eden said to his younger brother.

"Me and Farrah gave it a lot of thought. I mean..the adoption process for you and Adam wasn't so bad, right?" Adonis said, referring to Eden's adoption of two young boys.

"Sure, it wasn't bad. But Adonis a teen..that's different. How old is this kid?"

"He's fifteen, his name is Tyrese." Adonis said, with his eyes lighting up at the mention of the kid in which he'd hoped to be his son.

"Fift- why Don? Why not a kid?"

"Me and Farrah did some talking about it..it'd be nice to have a kid who's been through something we've been through. Give him a good life. Of course we'll have more down the line."

"Don't you think you're young? Shit, sometimes I feel like Adam and I are too young and the boys are only four."

"Yeah we're young..but I think we're ready."

Within the years following high school, Farrah attended university..and Adonis decided that more schooling wasn't for him.

Luckily, at 20 Adonis landed the job of his dreams— writing. His shyness stopped him from being the novelist he secretly wanted to be..but for now, an editor. (Though, Farrah pushes him to venture past that) When he's not working, he writes short stories that only he is permitted to read, but he's happy with that.

After school, Farrah became a high school English teacher— ensuring she catered to each student in a way that her old teachers didn't. She instilled a connection with reach one of her students that she wanted them to remember forever, and the thought of that being the case kept her content.

"You two just now are getting settled Adonis.." Eden said apprehensively.

"Right. So what is there to wait on?"

"I just..wanna ensure you're making the right decision about this."

"We are." Farrah said, coming downstairs.

"Excuse me, I was talking to my brother." Eden laughed, examining Farrah entering the kitchen.

Through the years following high school, Eden only grew closer to both Adonis and Farrah.

"I heard you two. I'm not gonna let you convince Don not to go through with adopting our son."

"Stop calling that kid your son. He's not yours..."

"I'm speaking it into existence. Tyrese is my son." She grinned.

"Why adopt a kid who's gonna be out of your house in a few years?"

"If we don't then who will? I was in foster care until I was five, Eden. Do you know how many teenagers just are left..hoping to one day be adopted and never get that? A lot."

"I get it Farrah..its just a big step."

"A step that Don and I are ready to take."

Before Eden began speaking, the front door opened.

In walked Adam with one of his two sons.

"Damn why everybody standing around all serious?"

"Adam- first, Lou go upstairs and watch TV." Eden told his son.

The four year old wasted no time running up the stairs, leaving the adults alone.

"Alright. Adam, tell me what you think. Adonis and Farrah want to— wait for it...adopt a teenager."

"A teenager huh? You two have a big heart." Adam said, setting his bag down.

"Tell Eden that we aren't being ridiculous." Farrah said smiling at the fact that someone was finally in agreement with her.

"I dont think it's ridiculous at all. Of course if you and Don are 100% for it."

"It was my idea. We have the home and the finances to take care of him. I don't understand why we should not." Adonis shrugged.

Over the years, Adonis built up the courage to speak his mind more, speak in groups more, etc. However, he was his same quiet, reserved self. It was only now he was convinced that his lack of speech was actually just how he was. Nothing else to blame it on.

"Don't listen to Eden. Get your kid. You two are old enough."

Throughout the 6 years spent with each other, Farrah and Adonis had always made the plan to have children. The plan was to begin the year after they'd gotten married, however an unfortunate trip to the doctor's office put those plans on hold.

After the idea to get have a child was shown to not be the safest, they began looking other options.

Both Adonis and Farrah agreed that adopting a teenager was something they'd wanted. They knew they wanted to raise a child from birth eventually, just not at that moment.

"Thank you, Adam." Farrah said, satisfied.

"Man, I'm just saying..maybe you should think about it a little more." Eden shrugged, heading upstairs where his son was.

"You two don't worry. I think this is a good thing for your family." Adam assured his brother in law and Farrah.

"I think so too. I'm excited about it man."

"How far along in the process are you?" Adam said, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"They're currently submitting the background checks. So far everything is great. We should start getting his room ready." Farrah said, with excitement radiating from her presence.

"Hey, well if you need anything..I got you. It was a little harder for Eden and I to get the boys with them being younger— but we made it through. I'm sure you guys will be fine."

-

With weeks going by, Adonis and Farrah were preparing for the arrival of the new edition to their lives.

The home visit was done, papers were signed, and with these being the final days before Tyrese moves in...the couple wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

"You sure he doesn't need more decoration.." Farrah said taking a look at the bedroom.

"He's a teenager Farrah..I don't think he cares so much about decor."

"I just wanna make sure he's happy here."

"He will be, don't worry. Hopefully after him..there'll be more."

Farrah's struggle with becoming pregnant didn't seem like an obstacle to the couple. It was just a sign that there was another path for them.

"I hope s— Don." Farrah sighed.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Why did you hang the painting like that?" Farrah said examining the crooked artwork.

"I was giving it some style." Adonis shrugged.

"Don that's not stylish. It's tacky."

"I think it's cool."

Farrah couldn't help but smile at his cute little quirks he still had after all these years.

"Fine. Leave it like that." She laughed.

a/n:
anddd scene.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. I appreciate all the help and encouragement from futurrafree

I appreciate the hilarious comments from freakeus ,edengeturbussyyy , and the many others.😂

thanks for reading!