chapter one

Amazing cover by ChidChick thank you.

Stealing quick peeps at him for hours, hiding behind an innocent history book that I didn't even like but was big enough to carry out my mischievous deeds unnoticed, maybe not completely unnoticed. The girl beside me was probably freaking out on why the pages of my book weren't being flipped or if she was that naive, wondering how slow of a reader I was.

He was only two tables away, his glassy gray eyes fixed on one of Dan Brown's novel, the inferno. That was probably his favorite; I had watched him read it for the sixth time in one semester. His athletic legs kicking the table softly as anyone approached to take a sit beside him, it was his way of saying he wasn't interested in company.

My naughty ocean blue eyes stole a peek at him once again, watching as his hands sunk into his light brown lustrous hair, in flashes I would bury my head once again into the book, letting my long curly brunette hair keep me cover, staring at his hands in his hair once again, immediately wishing his hair would walk over to me and ask me to trade places, gosh the way his hands sunk so deep and so slowly as if he was giving me the chance to savor every emotions running through my chest, his charming glassy gray eyes analyzing every line of the book, not letting even one word slip him by, and then his flawless tanned skin — sometimes it looked too tender to be a boy's skin but then maybe that's why he never played football like his best friend or the other popular guys.

Casper Jones had been my high school fantasy since the first day I realized what high school was. In all my years in Mallory high I had gotten the best definition for high school and it was just five simple words, a pain in the butt. Yeah, that's exactly what high school was. Well at least for me and my exotic kind — The kind who would rather sink her head in the latest chapter of silence breaking than go for prom — The kind who would rather displease herself to please others — the kind that did all her assignments before they were even given. Yeah, that's me just another high school genius, the kind we like to call the good girl.

Sometimes I wished that wasn't my tag — the good girl. The one people befriended to get free home work's done, the one who everyone wanted to have as a lab partner because she would be dumb enough to do the whole work all for her charming fear of losing her scholarship. Life sucked, sucked more than anything that sucked. Casper was the only reason keeping me from falling off a bridge, and he didn't even know. He had no idea he was a miserable shy girl's last hope. If only he did. I thought. Maybe things would be different.

...

“Casper” A dark haired boy called out to him, his emerald green eyes focused on Casper, that was Brandon his best friend.

I watched as their hands flew into the air for a high five. Sometimes Brandon didn't look it but trust me when I say he was a dick face as far as dick faces went or at least to me.

He had been one of those lucky people to end up being my lab partner and you already know what that meant, irritating voices screaming, let's leave all the work for Paige!

As the stalker I was, I watched them talk, once in a while chuckling to jokes I was 100% sure weren't funny. Minutes later Casper said he had to go and then the worst thing happened. Brandon noticed my presence, and most especially my puppy dog gaze.

“Hey Paige stop drooling over my best friend and focus more on our project. Remember tomorrow 5pm my house” he shouted out to me, never losing any opportunity to embarrass me in front of Casper who like always didn't even spare a minute to glance at the girl being accused of drooling over him. He just pretended like I was invincible and walked to his next class.

My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment for Casper and rage for Brandon.
“Thanks a lot, dick face” I glared at Brandon who was now leaning on my locker grinning like the stupid fool he was.
“Any time love” he smirked, winking at me with his emerald coloured eyes which I couldn't deny was actually attractive.

“At least now he knows your name” he mocked me like every other day.

It was terrible, he was terrible. Unlike Casper, Brandon loved to observe the things around him and then being his lab partner made me a figure around him more than I wanted. It didn't take him long to catch the dreamy eyes, then the stalking gaze. And when he took time to place all the puzzles together I became the laughingstock of an empty mind — his.

“Is there going to come a time when you wouldn't find joy in embarrassing the life out of me?” I scowled at him, hoping the ground would just crack open and swallow him.

“Oh wait let me think” he smirked, pretending to put on his thinking face, his expression just like the one he always had during math class when he was sweating and puffing trying to solve the answer to the simplest question on the board, 2+2. Gosh those moments always killed me with a rush of laughter and then came Mrs. Madison's glare never once failing to ruin my moment.

“Still thinking” he smiled “Nope” he finally answered. “Never will a moment come when I would miss an opportunity to embarrass the life out of you. It's the greatest life gift” he grinned and I didn't have to think twice. Banging my locker shut on his face I stormed off to another grand arena of torture. English class.

****

Well I spent the rest of school hours miserable as always and then came home, home wasn't a bit as awful as school but it had its flaws.

Like a crazy over protective dad who thinks Gumball is the most acceptable cartoon for a 16-year-old teen. And then an adorable mother who burns the kitchen three times on each day, you can imagine how terrible breakfast, lunch and dinner ends up being. Most times after attempting two spoons of her concoction we would race for a pizza delivery. No wonder and why I'm as slim and wobbly as a pizza.

After another round of sickening pizza I rushed over to my room, tossed my school bag on the floor, falling lifelessly on my bed as I waited patiently for the sound of the neighbors' door at exactly 8pm. And then my stalking continues. Yup Casper was the boy next door.

****

Thank u so much for reading my book. Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think!