Chapter four

My phone had been beeping for hours and it wasn't interested in stopping without an answer

Whoever it was had definitely marked their death sentence — there was no turning back but as the good soul I was I decided to ignore the insolent behavior and carry on with my slumber, it wasn't even dawn yet.

After a few minutes of peace and silence believing that the individual got the message and had no desire to die — with another beep he proved me wrong. I couldn't bear the agony, at this point a darn alarm or a cock wouldn't be a bad idea.

Devastated and deprived of a well slept night I summoned the courage to reveal the identity of the killer, stretching my hand to retrieve my phone from the bedside drawer not surprised by the name that popped up
150 messages from Brandon.

He had always looked like a jobless fellow to me and now this mad stunt just confirmed my hypothesis.

Come outside I read his message but wasn't too keen to comply, only God knew what monstrosity he had in store but all my attempts to lay back on my cozy bed was fruitless — since messages weren't working he decided to move to the next phase — throwing stones, at this rate my window was going to be broken before dawn and any moment from now I wouldn't be the only sleeping monster his determination would awaken.

After seconds of accepting defeat and assuring my inner spirit that everything was going to be alright I strolled out of the room and down the stairs forgetting to at least change out of my Minnie mouse night wear. Opening the door — even though it wasn't morning I was expecting to be blinded by a scorching sunlight but all I got was star lights, and they weren't so scorching nor blinding.

“Finally sleeping beauty awakens ... for a minute there I thought I had to come up there and give you a kiss” he grinned.

“Ha-ha” my voice dripping with sarcasm and the longing to go back to bed. My eyes suddenly drifted to his look observing something I wish didn't — he was wearing a blue running suit.

Omg retreat... retreat I screamed in my head, no amount of beeping would be enough to drag me out for the agenda he had planned — about to retreat into my house I felt his firm grip drag me back, pulling my night wear like I was some dog on a leech.

“I am a girl who believes in human right; I deserved my freedom of movement!” I screamed loudly.

“Save it for someone who cares” he smiled and continued his inhumane act of dragging me to only God knows where but soon God wasn't the only person in on the secret cause as I watched him drag me past Ashley's house I knew exactly where we were heading — the race track, I cried.