chapter twenty four

Brandon's pov

Brandon's pov

I had been sitting outside the room helplessly for minutes which felt like hours, I was terrified inside... I had no idea what to do, I wanted to run out and punch Casper so hard, to kill him myself for what he done to Paige, but I was also anxious for the doctor to step out, I needed to hear what he had to say. I was so scared inside and the question kept taunting me over and over again. “What if I had lost Paige forever?”

Finally, Dr Andrew the doctor stepped out and the expression on his old aging face was too hard to read, which made my heart race faster but it wasn't only mine cause the rest of the family immediately ran to him.

“Doctor what's going to happen to my daughter?” Mrs Paige sobbed.

“I'm sorry but it is out of my hands, Paige is suffering from a mental breakdown and I would have to transfer her to therapeutic care, the rape has traumatized her in ways I can't explain, she may never be able to look at any of you in the same way ever again, especially you Brandon”

immediately he turned his attention to me, “You and Casper were the ones she was strongly emotionally attached to and one hurt her, ruined her, her brain automatically takes you as a threat, the love she once felt for you may or may not still be there but her brain is doing everything possible to despise you and so she will be the most repulsive to you” Mr Andrew held my shoulder,

“Now this isn't professional any more it's a heart-to-heart talk” His deep blue eyes pierced into mine “If you love her as much as you say you do, you have to be patient with her, you have to wait, to allow her to heal and maybe one day she can love you again — cause all she needs is time”

And with a heavy sigh I replied, “And time is not something I have...”

***

“Brandon where are you going?!” Ella called after me, but I was mad, I was furious, I couldn't hold it in anymore, all I wanted to do was beat Casper up!

I got on my bike and immediately started the engine, “Brandon please don't do anything stupid” she pleaded, “I can't promise you anything” I glanced at her and rode off in full speed, none of us deserved this, this series of unhappiness so why does it seem to follow us where ever we go? Why does it keep taunting our minds? Why does it keep breaking us?

Pulling in front of Casper's home brought back memories, memories of a good kid I used to know, a boy who was just misunderstood all his life, a boy they feared was the demon but I saw as an angel but today I realized I had been wrong all along.

The cops were already in the house, I could hear Casper's mom loud cries, he had locked himself in his room, the whole house was a mess, and they had been pleading for him to come out, at the sight of me, his mom ran into my arms begging me to save her son, begging me to get through him — she knew nothing, nothing of how much her son has hurt me, knew nothing of our ruins of a friendship, knew nothing of how overnight brothers became rivals.