chapter three

“Deloris” mother screamed my name from the kitchen

“Deloris” mother screamed my name from the kitchen. She knew I hated it, she knew I cursed her for her name giving skills happy that I was an only child and no one else had to suffer such an excruciating existence.

Standing up from bed was the most difficult task in my life; it was like trying to slay a fierce dragon that was already burning you in its flame.

Death was practically inevitable and in my case resistance was not an option. I was the kind of girl who begged for three minutes of sleep but was still found in bed three hours later.

“Deloris Paige knight don't let me come up there” mother screamed, this time she was serious — sounding like a ballistic Godzilla and I knew if I didn't obey that Godzilla I would end up being banana for breakfast.

“Coming” I screamed and as sluggish as a snail I crawled to the door, my eyes suffering from the calamity of dark circles, my black hair tangled in a mess.

My sleeping manners weren't the most charming in the society. Sometimes I roll over, other times I snore and most times I have bed fights with my bed — that was the weirdest one. Bed fights, it was like I took all my frustration out on my bed because I knew in reality I couldn't even flick a finger at the bitches and dicks of the universe.

After hours of the greatest struggle of my life I finally arrived at the dinning table — my third zone of torture.

I couldn't help but wonder what concoction mom had stirred up — maybe burnt octopus, a grilled grizzly bear or even a laughing hyena. Any of those would be good right now because if I swallow another piece of pizza anytime soon I wouldn't need sleeping pills to commit my own suicide.

“Morning dear” dad kissed my head and took his seat beside me; unlike me he was already dressed up for work. He had his favourite polka dot tie on with a matching pair of white shirt and black pants. His briefcase was comfortably resting on his lap suddenly the thought of being a briefcase didn't sound half bad.

“I present to you our newest dish — scorpion sting” mother announced proudly as she placed the horrifying dish before us. My mouth fell agape in terror — staring at different varieties of scorpion tails with a horrifying sauce at the side.

“The sauce was specially made from scorpion venom” she added and then I couldn't take it anymore. I was at the verge of total body malfunction. My organs were being stuffed with pizza and my eyes were being blinded with sickening sights of unimaginable dishes.

“Are we really meant to eat this?” I shrieked at the sight.

“Of course” mom smiled. “It's delicious” she took one of the tails and raised it to her mouth, opening it wide not even scared that she was about to stuff down one of the deadliest animal on the planet — cooked or not. Immediately I gagged on dad's favourite pants.