chapter six

Casper was really here! The words rang in my head several times leaving me in a state of shock, frozen in time too frozen to recall that Brandon's warmth was still upon me

The words rang in my head several times leaving me in a state of shock, frozen in time too frozen to recall that Brandon's warmth was still upon me.
What if Casper had walked in? What would he have thought of me?

“Paige! “ Mom called again and snapped me from my daze back to a frantic reality.

“Get off me! “I screamed at Brandon and threw him hesitantly to the ground without an apology, not even glancing once to see his hilarious landing to the ground I began arranging my room in a flash like a frightened monkey. It took a while but Brandon was finally able to get on his feet and as usual all he could do was utter words to burn my soul.

“It's just Casper” he groaned with a shrug.

“He is your best friend” I retorted with a slightly harsh tone.

“So? It's not like we were doing anything wrong — unless you really wanted to do something wild” a wide grin crept on his handsome face and sooner than later I began to regret why I retorted to his comment.

In a second he had closed the gap between us and the awkward feeling I always had around him grew even worst, calmly his face drew near to mine until we could feel each other's breath on our skin, the once cold room suddenly seemed to be burning in fire. I found myself attacking my conscious and at the same time I found myself fighting an inner battle with my heart and mind.

“Please leave” I managed to utter to Brandon in a soft tone that even I was shocked to hear, a pinch of disappointment marred his face for a moment there he thought I was actually going to fall for his charms.

He pulled away and a harsh cold breeze slapped me instantly almost tempting me to pull back to him... But no, I couldn't.
“Sure I'll gladly leave” he nodded and headed for the door. “It would be so nice for Casper to see me walking out of such a lovely room all roughened up he wouldn't even need to ask to know its just another score” he smirked but before he could turn the door knob open my hands had already pulled him miles back to me and into the bathroom just where he belongs, quickly I shut the door lock behind him before he could escape from my grasp.

“Paige!” mom shouted one last time and a last time as well I glanced in the bathroom door. I was going to regret it... Locking Brandon there, but a girl got to do what a girl got to do, and with my most charming smile and inner prayers I marched for the door opening the carriage door for my Prince Charming to be made known.

“Casper! “I exclaimed faintly trying not to sound like a hysterical teenage girl, any moment I was going to drop dead on the ground. He was really here, staring at those glassy gray eyes couldn't be an illusion, dressed casually in a blue shirt and black skinny, even his casual look seemed hot to me, at the sight of Casper everything that had a b and included Brandon had been long forgotten and I don't think it was going to be remembered any time soon.