chapter nine

Dedicated to MaddieRox-01

From that day on Ella and I were unbreakable, I tried as good as I could to never let her out of my sight, even if she never wanted to admit it — it was obvious, she was fragile and sensitive, anything could trigger the slightest emotions.

And during my days with Ella I had slowly begun to see life in a new light, a life that didn't surround itself about the life of Casper, but in all those days' something just didn't feel right... Maybe because I hadn't seen Brandon in weeks, to be sincere I actually did miss his pestering nature or his silly belief that he could seduce even a fly. No matter how unbelievable it was Casper was his best friend and if anyone should know where he was it was him.

***
Silently I watched Casper by the corner as he and Riley made records of the apparatus in the chemistry laboratory, I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to approach them without making myself look silly like I always did. I even still wondered how Casper saw me — our last encounter wasn't really one to forget.
For Brandon, I whispered to myself. Even if I couldn't believe I uttered that, I guess it was the best encouragement I could give myself at the moment.

“Knock... Knock” I tapped on the door frame softly but loud enough to attract their attention, for a moment Casper actually seemed surprised to see me.

“How can we help you?” Riley asked plainly.

“No I definitely don't need anything from you, am here to see Casper”

“Me?” he seemed rather shocked about it, maybe he had actually gotten over the incident... His expressions, intonations were not exactly what I had imagined, I had expected him a bit more cold towards me.

“Yes you” I drew closer but was blocked by a defensive Riley. “You already lost your chance, Casper's not giving you back the offer”

“Since when did you become so passionate about counting beakers” I chuckled and ignited the beast in her but luckily with Casper's presence all she could show was restrain and am glad she did because I don't even remember what it's like to go around dragging each other's hairs.

“I wish I was here for that but am not” I scooted her aside and made my way to Casper.

“Then what are you here for?” he seemed rather confused, like he had actually been expecting me to come begging, maybe few weeks ago I would have but not anymore.