chapter twelve

“Party at my house by 9pm!” Naomi had been screaming in the hallway since I had arrived to school

“Every cool person is invited”.Ashley added in a scream, she never missed an opportunity to show how truly naive and stupid she was.

There was no way I was going to the party.
“We're definitely going to the party right?!” Kelly whined in my ears, it was like she had forgotten how much of jackasses Naomi and Ashley were. “Kelly I really don't feel like going to bumblebees party”

“Bumblebees” Ella chuckled beside me, she hasn't voiced out her decision yet, whether she was interested in going or not.

“Okay here it goes” I stumped my feet and stopped in front of Kelly unable to endure anymore of the whining.

“If Ella says she wants to go then I'll go, if she doesn't then home calls me” I said to Kelly and then all our attention was now focused on Ella who seemed rather uncomfortable in the circumstance I had put her in.

“Do I really have to pick” she asked nervously. “I've never been invited to a Naomi's party and the orphanage can really be boring at times but I don't think the sisters would like to hear I went for a party.”

“Then they don't have to!” Kelly wrapped her hands happily around Ella. ”A few white lies once in a while doesn't kill anyone” Kelly added with a smirk.

”Really Kelly?” I frowned at her disappointed.

“Com'on don't give me that look, it's not like you're Mother Theresa.”

She focused her devious smirk at Ella once more. “So where were we?”

***
“Do you think Jeremy will like this?” she was wearing a simple glittery short purple gown, it was sleeveless and had a round neck, I liked the fact that she, for the first time tried to go simple.

”Am sure he will” I assured her, I didn't feel party popping, so I just got dressed in a casual jeans and red shirt. Meanwhile, we had Ella all dolled up and looking very beautiful in an ivy blue mini short gown.

She had panicked when she saw herself in the mirror, shocked to ever look this different.

“I look... Actually, ...beautiful” she spoke in rather an amazed tune.

“Who ever said you weren't” I wrapped my hands around her shoulder from the back and gave her a big hug.

“You're beautiful Ella, never let anyone tell you otherwise.”

“I hope you guys don't mind I got Jeremy to give us a ride”

“But -”

“Oh, and his here” she smiled as the sound of a horn filled the air interrupting me before I could speak.

“Well girls off we go” Nelly screamed excitedly.
We rushed out of the room and down the stairs.

”Am off mom” I screamed and rushed out the door, hearing as she screamed. “Don't stay out too late.”