chapter two

The thought of spending the rest of my day with Brandon sent chills down my spine, he was probably going to make fun of me the whole time, happily watching me as I did all the work because of my fear of him mixing chemical x and y and then blowing...

The thought of spending the rest of my day with Brandon sent chills down my spine, he was probably going to make fun of me the whole time, happily watching me as I did all the work because of my fear of him mixing chemical x and y and then blowing up his own house and my only chance of getting an A+ in chemistry.

Mr. Bradford wasn't my favorite teacher, but we learned to tolerate each other and that was fine by me, Casper had always been the apple of his eyes. To him and almost all the teachers at Mallory high, well I couldn't blame them it's not their fault they had good taste.

“Paige” Bianca called out to me, waving her hands in the air like we had been friends for ages. I walked up to her already knowing what she had to say as she dumped her exercise books upon my hands. Yup that's Bianca mills. Every boy's, dirty fantasy. She had the same ocean blue eyes as mine but her own was more drooled over. And then there was her shinny long blonde reaching past her hips which she never failed to flaunt in my face, making me chokes from all the hair cosmetics my nose had to endure inhaling.

She always got what she wanted, dating all the hottest jocks and breaking helpless hearts. She and I became the best of friends only when she needed a free nerd to do her awful assignments and as the good girl I was I happily did them. Not because of my tag but for the fear of my life. It was way better being the used one than being the hated one.

Bianca never held back her bites. Addison's mayhem had unfortunately entered that black book. I watched her run mad from humiliation, sobbing every day in the girl's room as she ate lunch, her nude photos all over school and yeah that brings me to another reason why I hate and feel unsafe around Brandon cage - he did that. Bianca talked him into getting Addison's nude for her revenge scheme. And the idiot did it, never thinking about how broken he had left Addison. The next day she was found dead beside a bottle of sleeping pills.

At the funeral I realized unlike me, both school and home were a living hell for her. Her parents were divorced and even though they were far away from each other the arguing never stopped. Even at the funeral I witnessed another of their tantrums not even caring that they were burying their own daughter six ft under the ground.

But that wasn't the annoying part - Bianca was. After driving her to her own death she confidentially came to give a speech about how great Addison was, weeping and acting like she wasn't the one who indirectly shoved the pills down her throat. I didn't see Brandon; maybe he did have a conscience and felt too guilty to show himself. Gosh, who was I kidding, he was probably banging the first girl he saw on the street.

******

I pulled my car in front of Brandon's home, it couldn't even be considered as a car. The bumper was battered. The windscreen was cracked almost to shatters. The red paint was old and already peeling off. That car was deadly and the most embarrassing thing I had ever ridden, even my childhood race car was way classier than it but it served enough to take me to places so it earned its keeps.