Chapter twenty eight

So like yup I had the most awkward first night ever, Brandon and I hadn’t gotten the courage to say a word to each other, anytime I tried to, the incident just kept on replying and replaying in my head and the feeling of embarrassment wasn’t getti...

So like yup I had the most awkward first night ever, Brandon and I hadn’t gotten the courage to say a word to each other, anytime I tried to, the incident just kept on replying and replaying in my head and the feeling of embarrassment wasn’t getting better at each replay.

Now we sat at the breakfast table in total silence, playing with our food, stealing quick glances at each other when the other wasn’t looking.

“Emm… is it just me or is breakfast awkwardly silent, is anything wrong?” Mrs. Cage asked.

“No nothing” we answered in unison, was too fast that our expression gave us away at first sight.

“Are u both sure?”
“Yes” we answered again.

“Maybe Brandon got down on her panties” Marcus teased. But Mrs. cage’s glare sent him back to his meal quietly.
Well he wasn’t totally wrong except it wasn’t my panties that got down.

Brandon ignored me throughout school, hey like I thought I was the one meant to be doing the ignoring I was the one who landed on his arouse balls! I was practically in blow job position! What's more embarrassing than that, I should be the one walking fast, making faces ignoring his presence but seems like he beat me to it.

He walked in front of me, there wasn’t much distance separating us but when I tried to cover the little there was he quickened his steps again, and we went back to square one.

I didn’t bother trying anymore; I just left things be the way they were, strolling silently behind him. It was during my surrender that I actually realized all the eyes that were fixed on me, people mumbling words to each other, it was obviously about me but I didn’t want to hear it, I just wanted to walk pass and pretend like they weren’t even there.

But as I continued to stroll in it only got worse, until the voices became clearer, every word rushing through my ears.

“She’s just a slut”

“She is terrible; she killed Kelly and drove Casper mad”

“First Casper, now Brandon, she is just a leach”

“They were all better without her”

“And here she is playing the victim”

The words rang in my head over and over again, each word hurting more than the previous, I was stuck at the spot, I wanted to move but I couldn’t, it was like they all surrounded me, my head was spinning round and round, I just wanted to disappear, and then I felt a comforting presence, as Brandon covered my ears with one of his hand on each ear.

“Don’t listen to them, never allow anyone break your spirit” he whispered into my ears.

It had been one of the most comforting words I had heard in a while, I immediately turned to him and wrapped my hands around him, my head laying on his chest, I wanted to cry but I couldn’t. I knew the scene would just make everything worst, stir up more rumors and terrible comments but right now I just wanted to hold tight to the most comforting thing around and that was Brandon, around him I just felt safe.