chapter eighteen

Dedicated to u mercymartha91 and to my beloved late aunt who just passed away... I love you.

The funeral was being organized, flowers arranged everywhere — the priest was arriving soon and so were the other guest

The funeral was being organized, flowers arranged everywhere — the priest was arriving soon and so were the other guest. Almost the whole school had arrived bearing forth their gifts and condolences.

I had been standing behind several trees at the garden, hoping they would shield me from my fears and guilt but it wasn't working out as I planned, my hands were as white as snow, like the blood from my heart had turned pale, my eyes had dark circles all over, it was obvious I hadn't had a decent sleep in a while.

“Bring the flowers over here!” I heard Kelly's mom instruct the decorators.

Kelly's parents were still really young and her two siblings were coming in from the states today, I could remember when we used to play as kids, running up and down their grand house, now that's just a distant memory, we hardly even knew each others names anymore and now their jolly sister was dead.

I had been cursing Bianca for what she did to Madison but I had just been a hypocrite, because I had just done the same thing — I had indirectly slit Kelly's wrist and now am about to act like nothing happened and in a few minutes I'll be on stage giving a heart felt speech of how much I loved her when we didn't end on the right foot, I felt horrible, miserable — I felt inhuman.

***
“Paige” Casper and Ella walked up to me, they had just arrived and so had every other person, they gave me the most comforting look they could give but everyone was mourning and it wasn't as encouraging as I had hoped.

“Shall we say the grace” the reverend father announced, and we all rose up to start the ceremony. Everyone was in black, everyone was here, the good, the bad and the ugly, all here to pay their respects.

“It is so sad that an innocent loving soul has been lost and today we all gather to put her at rest, and we pray that the angels in heaven will forgive her of all her sins and allow her into the kingdom...” the priest continued as we recited several burial rites.

“May the mother of the deceased come to make her speech”

Mrs Clarkson walked up to the stage, she was wearing a beautiful long black gown, her hair had been packed in a bun, I remembered when she told Kelly and I that she only packed her hair that way when something tragic had occurred and what could be more tragic than the death of a child?

“First I would like to thank you all today for being here, I'm sure most of you may not be Kelly's greatest friends but at least at the last moment you all came to support her and I'm grateful for that. Kelly had always been so special to me, the only girl out of two boys, we would do everything together — laugh, play, even argue together... Mrs Clarkson paused, letting out a silent laugh and a few teardrops.