chapter eleven

It was wonderful having Kelly near, even if it was for a while it still felt fantastic

“So are you going to tell me what I missed or not! “ Kelly whined as we rode to school in my battered car, I couldn't give her the opportunity of riding in style but at least I could save her from spending an early morning bus fare, but I had wished I had taken that back when I still had the chance considering the fact that the car broke down few seconds later, with a purring sound and a gush of black smoke.

“At least one thing clear” Kelly smirked.

“And what's that?” I raised a brow.
“Battered car... Remained battered car” we got down from the car trying to figure out what to do next.

“But seriously when are you going to get rid of this junk?”

“The day I find a new junk to replace it” I faked a charming smile and placed my hand on the bumper of the car. “Now help me push”

Kelly let out a mocking laughter, for a moment she thought I was joking but it didn't take her long to realize I wasn't.

“You can't be kidding me” she frowned.

“Well am not”

“There's no way I'm doing that, it's not my fault the car lost its manners” she whined, stumping her foot childishly on the ground.

“And it won't be the only one losing manners if you don't push” I threatened, and I was sure Kelly got the picture clear, it was obvious she didn't want her hair any shorter than it already was cause few minutes later she was already even pushing more than I.

“Seriously you're going to pay me for this” she groaned. “If I had known this was what was awaiting me I would have just remained far away like I had been”

“Yeah yeah” I mocked. I missed her yes, but I had almost forgotten this side of Kelly — the annoying girly side, anyone who saw us both would think that Kelly was the responsible and matured one but it was quite the opposite.

“This wasn't how I planned my return to school... Pushing a burned cake.” Kelly whined.

“... Neither did I”.

 ***

“You really should get rid of that monster truck” Naomi smirked at her and Ashley passed us by with their pink pimply ride and parked in the school's parking lot. Undergoing hours of agony we finally got the cake parked too.

“Never... Never in my life am I doing that again” Kelly warned and fell exhausted on the ground. That made two of us.
I sighed and broke down beside her.

“Water ladies?” two bottle of water appeared in front of us and then when we looked up to see the angel, it was a rather unexpected fellow... Well at least to me, considering how giddy Kelly had jumped on him he wasn't entirely unexpected.
And yup there he was, blonde groomed hair, cornflower coloured eyes, and that casual athletic figure. Yes we had Jeremy James once more in our lives. Unlike I, Kelly did actually have an active romantic life.