chapter seven

The next day throughout class I had been silent and solemn, lost in my own deep thoughts, Brandon hadn't made his presence known and I had been trying my best not to meet Casper's gaze, watching as he announced Riley as his new lab assistant for a...

The next day throughout class I had been silent and solemn, lost in my own deep thoughts, Brandon hadn't made his presence known and I had been trying my best not to meet Casper's gaze, watching as he announced Riley as his new lab assistant for all the science courses, it took a while but I finally realized what he had to ask me last night and realizing the mega opportunity I had lost didn't make me feel any better.

For the first time in a while I couldn't wait for school to end, I wanted to run home and soak my pillow with tears. I wanted to run to Brandon's home and punch my anger away, but none of my options were working out and as I strolled past the lobby and through Mr Alexandra's class something couldn't help but catch my attention.

I watched silently as the plant botany teacher threatened a familiar face, she had been in all my classes since I could remember but her name couldn't ring a bell — only those terrified blue eyes filled with enormous sadness seemed familiar, a sadness that I had been too blind to notice.

“One more failure and that's it!” Mr Alexandra warned, his face as straight as ever and his expression so plain and emotionless. He had always been like that, the man with a plain expression and little words to say, he never said much apart from when lecturing but when he did, he meant every word.

The girl remained silent, never uttering a word of plead, she just stood there, silent — but even if she couldn't let the words out it was obvious she was broken. She hid her expression behind the fringe of her long brunette hair, her small statue reminded me of the little sister I always wanted. And as she approached to take her leave I laid on the wall hoping to remain unnoticed and luckily I was, but as she strolled silently to an unknown destination an inner voice begged me to follow... Never let a broken soul lay alone, the words echoed in my head and a stream of memories came flooding back but as quickly as it came I tried to block all the negative energy that came with it.

Hurrying down the lobby I followed her trail until I found myself in the girls room, by the time I got in she had already locked herself in one of the rooms, I could hear soft sobs — sobs that pierced me deep. I wanted to knock but I found myself unsure of the right step to take, anything could go wrong! Any slight mistake could ruin it all! I didn't want to make the same mistakes, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did.

“Hello” I finally knocked softly. “Are you in there? “ I asked with a worried tune.
I waited patiently for a response but all I got was silence.
“Hello” I knocked again and this time I got a response.
“Go away” she answered coldly and then the sobs began, this time harder than the first.
“Please let me in... I can help” my voice trailed.

“I don't need any help! “She screamed, I could sense the frustration in her tune and more than ever I wanted to get to her, I had blinded myself with a desire for Casper, blocking every other aspect around me, forgetting that this wasn't the happy world I eluded myself in, this was reality and I had to face it.