chapter twenty

The harsh ray of sunshine was my morning awakening, I rustled gently on the bed - I had no desire to wake up, I wanted to stay in bed for eternity

Last night was everything I dreamt of, I wasn't a bit disappointed, I wasn't a bit full of regret... I was actually happy, I would do anything to relive the moment again and again, to feel Brandon's hand run through my skin, to feel a thousand of his kisses all over my body, he had an effect on me that no one had, he made me feel loved, made me feel desired... In one night he made me feel a million emotions that hadn't been ignited in a while.

My hands brushed through the bed, like they were hoping to feel Brandon's presence still lingering but that wasn't the case, they had a fruitless search... He was gone, I felt hurt and I couldn't understand why, it was obvious he had to leave - this wasn't some hotel room or a bedroom, it was a hospital, and we needed to respect that. But the truth was that I was actually hoping...

Hoping that when I opened my eyes he would be the first thing I see, that he would be right beside me, it would have been an assurance that last night wasn't something conjured in my head, that it was real, every little touch, every silent words... That everything was real.

I laid silently on the bed, my eyes fixed on the white door, I couldn't wait to get on my feet again. Even if it was just for a day I missed the smell of nature and the scorching rays of the sun, after a few minutes a blonde haired nurse walked in, she was petite and had a cute look, and behind her was my mom - for the first time all the guilt came rushing back.

Instead of mourning my brother I gave myself to Brandon, instead of pushing him away I drew him closer. Few days ago I said it was a goodbye, I wanted to do nothing but erase his whole existence from my world but here I was making the situation more difficult... I can't understand myself, no one truly can, we remain the most complicated specie - mankind.

“Baby” mom rushed to hug me tight. “i'm so glad you're alright I couldn't bear to lose another”

The warmth and love of her hug was comforting, it gave me a moment of peace.
I gently released myself from her embrace, my hands placed on her arms. I wanted to look into her eyes and apologize for everything, I wanted to make everything right. She didn't look well at all, it was obvious that the events of this long painful week had drained all the color in her face, all the sunshine in her eyes and the thought of it pained me.

“... I remember everything mom, I remember what truly happened and I'm sorry, I never wanted it to happen, I never -”

“Shh” she cut me off, “It's not your fault, it was never your burden to bear” she hugged me tight once more. “No one ever wanted it to happen, but we can't dwell in it, we have to move on and I finally understand that”

Listening to her say those words gave me hope, hope that she was finally going to try, hope that we were finally going to set our life on track.

“I'm sorry for being such an unreliable mom for such a long time, I let my sorrow consume me but not anymore, am I going to work hard, I'm going to see my doctor weekly, I'm going to make all the effort I can, I'm going to change for you” she held my right cheek in her hand, it felt nice, it really felt nice.