chapter sixteen

My senior year was turning out to be nothing but dramatic, I wanted to quietly graduate and enter into college but here I was pulling Kelly furiously by her hair

“How could you? I trusted you, we were best friends for heaven’s sake” I screamed angrily, a huge crowd was gathering around us in the hallway.

“Calm down Paige” Casper tried to pull me back but someone held him back.

“Let them sort it out themselves” someone advised him, and he loosened his grip.

“Just don’t let them kill each other or in better terms don’t let Paige kill her” he added.

And then I calmed down and stopped terrorizing Kelly by her hair, “I'm so sorry Paige” she looked like a mess, the black left eye could tell the story to any stranger, I never knew I had that much rage within me.

“We were best friends Kelly, best friends — do you have any idea what that means?”

“I know” she nodded, blood dripping from her injured jaw. “And I know I can never make it up to you but am sorry”

I hesitated for a while, I loved Kelly and no matter how mad I was couldn’t continue to hurt her, and I couldn’t continue to break her, no not like this. We needed to talk it out, that was the right thing to do.

I drew closer to an injured Kelly and stared into her charming eyes, the distance between us was so little and the crowd was still gathering. “I'm sorry” I sighed, “I had no idea what had gotten into me, I guess I was just mad” she admitted and tried to apologize to Kelly.

“I guess you do have the right to be mad” Kelly tried her best to flash me a forgiving smile even in her agonizing pain.
Suddenly I turned to the crowd. “Alright people the show over, I need to talk to my best friend alone” I announced dismissing the large crowd.

“You still call her your best friend after that” someone voiced out.

“That’s my business buddy, now scram” I screamed, and they all began to walk away until only Casper and Ella were left.

“You sure you’re okay?” Ella asked her face filled with concern.

“Yeah don’t worry Ella am alright” I assured her.

“Just try not to strangle each other” Ella grinned and patted my shoulder softly before she disappeared out of sight. And then it was all left with Casper.

“You too” I pointed at him “you need to leave”

“I guessed you would say that” he smirked and pecked my cheeks. “Alright” he raised his hands in the air for surrender.

“I'm really sorry Casper” Kelly voiced out, her voice sounded hoarse maybe due to difficulty to speak due to the pain, her hands had been on her ribs for a while now.