chapter twenty six

Paige's POV

Paige's POV

I felt the darkness... I felt it — that thin line between life and death.
The cold chills
I felt it... My body giving up
I thought that was going to be the end
At the brink of death I suddenly wanted to turn back time
I didn't want it to end like this,
But I couldn't, my hands were tied, the deed was done, there was no turning back, there was no one to save me.

Yet again when I needed everyone the most they deserted me, yet again when I needed saving I was left to fall.
The tears rolled out, I couldn't control it. With the last strength in my body I cried.

Was this really how life was?
It was far from a fairy tale, or at least mine.
I missed the innocence of childhood,
The years stole it
Every new day
Every new month
Every new year
The innocence was lost bit by bit
Until I couldn't even remember what it felt like.

To know nothing
To know nothing but good
To know no pain... No evil.

I was slowly giving up.
So this was the end? I cried to myself, laying lifelessly on the bed, watching as the pool of blood grew.
But suddenly at my last moment I heard the door burst open and I watched a familiar face run to my rescue.

He was always here... He was always trying to give his all but countless times, I pushed him away. I treated him like trash. I hurt him.
I felt it, felt it from the first day that he was someone that meant something to me, maybe that's why I was scared to let him in.

I had been hurt from someone I held dear, he may not be any different, I may have gotten hurt again.
Like they say once bitten, twice shy.
But he didn't feel the same,
When he rushed me into his arms I felt something, something I hadn't felt in weeks — I felt safe...

The feeling suddenly felt new to me,
I liked it, liked the feeling of being in his arm and now am even more scared, scared to fall in so deep, I had been scared for life but what if he was the healing I needed? But what if he was my demise?

Even in my death bed I found myself in a dilemma... I really wanted to remember him, I really wanted to understand how much he meant to me, maybe that would make things more clear but it was like my brain was fighting against me, sending inhibitors, again and again trying to stop me from remembering, like if I remembered it would hurt me even more.

So for that moment I stopped struggling, I stopped fighting against myself, my feelings. I let my body tremble in his arms, staring into his emerald eyes I found comfort. He was always there... “Why?” I asked.
I wanted to know why? Why? Was he always there for me... Why?
“I push you away but yet you're still always here, why?” I wanted to hear it, I wanted to know.

I wanted him to give me a reason to hang on. I needed him to and then I finally blacked out.

I couldn't tell whether I was dead or not
I felt alive yet dead at the same time.
Have you ever felt that.
Like a living dead?
I was in the middle, standing on that thin line between life and death and this was the time I finally make a decision.
A decision to give up or a decision to try... To try again and again even if I fall.

I could hear their voices, I could hear their cries, everyone around me... Everyone who thinks I've left.
I was loved
I was cared for
Yes tragedy occurred but no one wanted it to
Continuously blaming the surrounding people wouldn't change anything, I thought it made me feel better but it didn't.

It's time I take a leap
It's time I proved to the world that I was strong
Nothing can pull me down
Cause when it seems like am at the brink of giving up I shall rise up.

This was my decision
A decision I had to make
A decision I choice to make
And do you know what that choice was?

“Ah!” I could hear my mom's loud scream. “She moved, her finger moved!” She screamed. “She moved!”

Yeah, that's right — that's what I chose. I chose to live...

A/N: hope you liked the chapter? Pls don't forget to click the cute star and leave a comment below

A/N: hope you liked the chapter? Pls don't forget to click the cute star and leave a comment below...love you❤